PDA

View Full Version : VM in Rugby any good?

FRiEd
24-11-2007, 13:11
Hi,
Hopefully I havn't missed any posts about VM in Rugby after a search a couldnt find any :P

I am looking at getting VM DSL as I am in a house share and the landlord doesn't want a phone line put in (also I despise BT).

Could anybody comment on the quality of their service in Rugby (warwickshire)
specificly near Clifton Road, but anywhere would be good to get information on.

After reading about the quality of service on various forums I am abit concerned, although it is my only option :erm:

SapperGB
25-11-2007, 00:02
Sorry, i dont live in Rugby but i will say this....

Once you have experienced VM you will adore BT, well ok BT have their share off issues but when it comes down to Broadband at least you are not tied to the one, probably sh**tiest ISP's in the country.

I was a huge fan of VM and laughed at friends who had pathetic 8mb connections, however as im sure you are aware, VM mass marketing have destroyed them as an ISP.

My current issue started with NTL 4 years ago.
Although i had a break from cable for around a year and cable was fine for 6 months after reconnection my original problem from 4 years ago is still here,

I would ask your landlord again if you could have a BT line, even at your won expense. currently a BT line is half price installation if you choose an 18 month contract over a 12 month one.

Berealwith
25-11-2007, 00:45
I too understand your concerns.........well we haven't got English football in the summer have we..........Virgin is like England football.......Run by crap managers but boy they can hype it up, and in reality no use to anybody, I would really check your area well before you sign up...

Mick Fisher
25-11-2007, 02:49
Don't forget the 30 day get out of jail without penalty.
It just might be OK for the OP, probably won't but stranger things have occurred.
Suck it and see, at least with VM it won't cost you anything to find out, just don't let them string you along and sucker you into a 12month contract if it's pants.

TUZZY
25-11-2007, 11:52
Its Pants!!

discoade
25-11-2007, 18:08
Hi
I used to live in Grosvenor road rugby until about two years ago thats up your end! never had any problems with vm though it was ntl back then, :) by all the talk on here avoid the 20meg bb

i have 4 meg and haven't had any speed problems as yet! im in Leamington now :D