PDA

View Full Version : Apparently I've signed up for a VM account

Dingbat
23-11-2007, 16:41
But I haven't, if you see what I mean.

Had an Email confirming registration of a PAYG SIM from VM, but with someone else's DoB and an address in Bournemouth. I can only assume they've found my name and Email address somewhere (it is on t'internet in a few places).

I've rang VM and told them, logged into the account page and changed the passwords, and with it being a PAYG, no money is changing hands (certainly not from me!) but has anyone else ever heard of this problem?

Graham M
23-11-2007, 16:45
It's entirely possible that they mistyped their own email address slightly wrongly? I mean it's not impossible that there is someone with your name here in Bournemouth with a similar email address?

Dingbat
23-11-2007, 17:02
It's entirely possible that they mistyped their own email address slightly wrongly? I mean it's not impossible that there is someone with your name here in Bournemouth with a similar email address?

Unlikely, given that I have a fairly unusual surname (there are only a few hundred of us in the whole of the UK), AND that whoever did it shortened my first name in exactly the same way I do, AND had my Email address (which doesn't include my first name).

Googling the address given (Gervis Place), it seems to be a shopping area?

Lord Nikon
24-11-2007, 14:25
Phone VM and report the sim lost, get them to block it,