PDA

View Full Version : 4mb-10mb Upgrade??

chrisjones
23-11-2007, 11:57
So has anyone had this fabled upgrade yet?

With a week to go until the end of November I'm yet to have the supposed free upgrade (HG1).:dozey:

I remember being told by a VM CS chappy waaaaaaay way back that this was gonna happen by 'set date', didnt happen that time either.

raven44
23-11-2007, 13:01
well, i just upgraded my package to include TV, and when i enquired about upping my BB speeed, the CS guy said not to bother as my 4mb cable would be receiving a free upgrade by the end of the year.

so we might have to wait a bit longer...

Graham M
23-11-2007, 13:02
Hmm I get my Internet through the STB, I guess this will need a SACM

windy
23-11-2007, 15:41
Ive just gone from 2meg-4 meg so does that mean i will get a free upgrade aswell then.......

xspeedyx
23-11-2007, 15:51
When vm annouce this as this has not been offical the trials have been happening the date for the roll out is not yet confirmed so cs dont know plus when it happens if ur on 4mb you most likey go to 10mb and 2 will go to 4mb I doubt it will happen this year maybe q1 2008 maybe q2 2008 as they need major netowrk upgrades and 50mb is close so no eta will be given

Chicken
23-11-2007, 15:55
So, more lies from CS. Nothing new there then.

chrisjones
23-11-2007, 16:54
Its crackers.... I doubt for a moment that VM are letting their CS waffle nonsense with no comeback, so one wonders, are they being asked to 'leak' iffy information in the hopes it will keep us sweet that little bit longer?

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

well, i just upgraded my package to include TV, and when i enquired about upping my BB speeed, the CS guy said not to bother as my 4mb cable would be receiving a free upgrade by the end of the year.

so we might have to wait a bit longer...

Thats funny, I was told the same thing when I enquired about upgrading to 10mb... my memory isnt what it used to be, but thats got to be getting on for nearly a year back now.

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

So, more lies from CS. Nothing new there then.

Does make you ponder the thought

TraxData
23-11-2007, 16:57
When vm annouce this as this has not been offical the trials have been happening the date for the roll out is not yet confirmed so cs dont know plus when it happens if ur on 4mb you most likey go to 10mb and 2 will go to 4mb I doubt it will happen this year maybe q1 2008 maybe q2 2008 as they need major netowrk upgrades and 50mb is close so no eta will be given

Roll out date has already been set, staff havent been told though.

But its beginning of next year, not a major roll out, per city basis like 10mbit was the first time around.

dates for 50mbit are out as well (but not publically)

Just because they havent said anything, dont think nothing is happening ;)

chrisjones
23-11-2007, 17:01
Roll out date has already been set, staff havent been told though.

But its beginning of next year, not a major roll out, per city basis like 10mbit was the first time around.

dates for 50mbit are out as well (but not publically)

Just because they havent said anything, dont think nothing is happening ;)

So who started this 'November roll out' date?

TraxData
23-11-2007, 17:03
So who started this 'November roll out' date?

Support did, to get you off the phone.

tucker61
24-11-2007, 08:29
I got told i would be upgraded by end of november, I will ring up and complain on 1st december.

xspeedyx
24-11-2007, 09:29
and that will not get u far

banjo
24-11-2007, 09:33
You are a bunch of masochists, I was told my 4meg would soon go to 10meg and I just laughed at the customer service person who also had a chuckle, stop scratching it and it will go away :)

discoade
25-11-2007, 18:28
so if all us 4 megers get upgraded to 10meg does that mean our speed will get worse like everyone who upgraded to to 20meg?:D:D:D

chrisjones
25-11-2007, 19:02
Support did, to get you off the phone.

Someone else maybe ;)

Horace
26-11-2007, 00:00
so if all us 4 megers get upgraded to 10meg does that mean our speed will get worse like everyone who upgraded to to 20meg?:D:D:D

It probably means EVERYONES speeds will get worse no matter what tier.

tucker61
26-11-2007, 20:48
Spoke to call centre today and asked the question, the reply was, I am so sorry sir we do not have a 10 MB connection ! No Surprise !

chrisjones
26-11-2007, 20:58
Do you think the CS ops are supplied with Virgin branded 'Magic 8 balls' to provide answers to customers phone calls? Answers include

Standard answers

Inside the Magic 8-Ball. The raised letters of one face have been colored blue to make the message more readable.

The 20 standard answers on a Magic 8-Ball are:

As I see it, yes
Ask again later
Better not tell you now
Cannot predict now
Concentrate and ask again
Don't count on it
It is certain
It is decidedly so
Most likely
My reply is no
My sources say no
Outlook good
Outlook not so good
Reply hazy, try again
Signs point to yes
Very doubtful
Without a doubt
Yes
Yes - definitely
You may rely on it Ten of the possible answers are variations of "yes", five are ambiguous and five are variations of "no".