PDA

View Full Version : business broadband

SapperGB
22-11-2007, 20:11
i thought id take a look at if VM supply business broadband.

Ive fond a site called NTL:Telewest buisness, is this what im looking for?

Are there any requirements for having a buisness line? VAT registration etc?

Im pig sick of getting nowhere fast with Vm, but if these guys are the same company im looking into getting the 10Mb package if its possible.

only £3pm more and Its uncapped too.

TraxData
22-11-2007, 20:19
Hi, its £40/month+VAT for 10mbit/768k Business Broadband With No STM at all.

6Hour support.

Higher bandwith priority.

Low contention ratio.

P.S Going upto 20mbit/1.5mbit up from january onwards.

ECW_Original
22-11-2007, 20:25
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33621075-vm-business-level-cable.html
here is all the info about it! :)
Happy reading lmao

SapperGB
22-11-2007, 20:50
Wow,

Umm ECW you have been quite frank in previous post.....

do me a favour and give me a summary, 4 pages in and ive got a headache that im sure matches your flu :P

ECW_Original
22-11-2007, 21:06
Er, basically, its £40pm(+VAT? I wasnt told Id have to pay that so who knows), get fixed IPs(not sure how many, but poss upto 6) that CAN change if the UBR is reconfigured or the modem changed, a much better ratio, 10Mb down, 768K up (from nxt yr 20Mb down, 1.5Mb up), 6hrs to fix a fault, also get a business phone line(install charge MUCH cheaper if taken with said phone line, but ya dont have to use it if you dont wanna)

I think that is about it, although I'd ask TraxData myself, as he probably knows more about this subject than anyone else :)

SapperGB
22-11-2007, 21:34
hmm, seems it could be the way to go.

IS there no concern for home users that if buisness moves up to 20mb then we will suffer even more?

Cheers

ECW_Original
22-11-2007, 22:03
hmm, seems it could be the way to go.

IS there no concern for home users that if buisness moves up to 20mb then we will suffer even more?

Cheers

Now this is gonna sound really bad & selfish, but THB, i dont really care!

To explain: I have been getting really rubbish speeds for long enough while other people have had their full whack, and its my time for decent speeds now!!

I havent downloaded a single thing today, and I am being 'traffic managed'

I'm very lucky to be getting 1Mb speed tonight, I did a test for TS from Mickysoft with the grand download speed of ....... wait for it .....

56.9Kb/s!!!

What a freaking joke!!!

SapperGB
22-11-2007, 22:55
how long is very long?

fiver says i can beat ya?

ECW_Original
22-11-2007, 22:58
will be 3 yrs total in january, since a few days after the 10Mb was rolled out!
So sick & fed up with it all!

SapperGB
22-11-2007, 23:01
Sadly i found this
http://www.chetnet.co.uk/portal/forum/showthread.php?t=1520

seems 4 years later they still have'nt sorted out my original problem.

why! oh why! did i ever return

ECW_Original
22-11-2007, 23:04
Sadly i found this
http://www.chetnet.co.uk/portal/forum/showthread.php?t=1520

seems 4 years later they still have'nt sorted out my original problem.

why! oh why! did i ever return

Jeebus fella, thats well bad!

Well certainly not holdin me breath on these issues to be fixed!

I really can see VM going bankrupt very soon unless they get their fingers outta their fat asses and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!

SapperGB
22-11-2007, 23:11
dude tell me about it,

I suppose you are suffering far more than i, at least i do get the speed during the day even though i cant use it.

Im off in Jan once i can afford my BT line.

I only hope that i dont suddenly end up a 50mb triallist before then LOL.

ECW_Original
22-11-2007, 23:15
lol yeah, that would be a bit of a kick in the balls!
reguarding the 50Mb bb, id only ever go on that package IF and only IF it would lead to a decent speed, anything UPTO 4MB/s would be good enough for me, but then again, how many sites could provide that sort of speed? the only good use I could make of it would be for the upload speed, so I could store my whole PC backup(s) quicker, and maybe I'd upload a few more of my DJ mixes onto the site Im a member of!

SapperGB
22-11-2007, 23:28
this is why i went back to Virgin. ok, im sure i must have remembered the poor 600k service i had, but once bulldog went down the pan i looked for the other fastest available service using the theory; 'ok surely i wouldnt loose more than half of my speed, so 5MB will be fine' (on virigns 10mb connection).

Im sure im not the only one whos ever thought this, and i dont believe its an unreasonable assumption, uneducated yes, but not unreasonable.

My worry is, am i doing it again? Looking at BeThere, 24mb. at £22 its well cheap but am i going to suffer the same way?

I'm in 2 minds on who to choose; i have a concerning theory;

Locally we have lots and lots of ilegal DVD salesmen wandering the local pubs. These people must get the films form somewhere and if i was doing as they do i would want the fastest d/l speeds available. i wonder how may films have come by way of Virgin?

So if all these DVD pirates are using the likes of Virgin and Be, would it be better to risk an 8mb connection from the likes of zen? I will probably get around 6-7Mb but will this be enough to be able to do some gaming while my wife shops for shoes on ebay?

decisions decisions.

ECW_Original
22-11-2007, 23:33
lol, the only problem is, you will never know until you try, but then again, by then it could be too late!

SapperGB
22-11-2007, 23:46
well this is where BeThere is tempting, 3 month contract, i can swallow that.

Once the BT line is in i suppose the world is my lobster

leadbelly
24-11-2007, 15:58
cable in japan:

100 mbps: up and down: $36(about £18-£19)

virgin media:

20 mbps: £35(capped)

10 mbps: £40(business line, uncapped)

we get shafted up the **** so much in this country. :(

mbriody
27-11-2007, 16:27
I am currently on a VIP package with 20Mb broadband.

Anyone know if it is possible to "unbundle" the broadband part and subscribe to the Business product?

PowerUser
28-11-2007, 10:12
P.S Going upto 20mbit/1.5mbit up from january onwards.

Hi

Is this absolute Definite?. As this is the only thing stopping me from getting it yet!, Telewest Business have contacted me and offered the deal but can't offer any 20Mb connection and do not know when they are likely to offer it!.

Thanks

TraxData
29-11-2007, 00:20
Hi

Is this absolute Definite?. As this is the only thing stopping me from getting it yet!, Telewest Business have contacted me and offered the deal but can't offer any 20Mb connection and do not know when they are likely to offer it!.

Thanks

Yes it is, however i wouldnt jump for joy, because i've just been stm'd, on the business package :(

Sirius
29-11-2007, 06:23
Yes it is, however i wouldnt jump for joy, because i've just been stm'd, on the business package :(

So again VM hook you, Then when they have all tied up in a nice little contract, They **** you over and leave you out to dry.

WELLDONE VIRGINMEDIA for yet another Cluster****

Sirpingalot
29-11-2007, 07:48
So even the business package is nonsense? I think we've got a little carried away here guys. £47 a month is a lot for this rubbish.

ECW_Original
29-11-2007, 08:50

So much for YOU stating that THERE IS NO STM on business BB!

So thats AGAIN you have lied...

PowerUser
29-11-2007, 09:14
I have noticed recently in tiny little writing on there business homepage, this "* subject to fair usage policy!" Funny that, as when I spoke to them over the phone they didnt even know what STM was, :rolleyes:.

ECW_Original
29-11-2007, 09:22
Well Im due to be getting my Business line installed anytime soon, and I shall ask the engineer about this, and if it is confirmed then he can just go back home as I DONT WANT STM ON MY CONNECTION!!!!

When are VM/NTL going to learn?

Gary L
29-11-2007, 10:57
Anyone got a link for the business broadband? I want to look :)

Found it.
http://www.ntltelewestbusiness.co.uk/products__solutions/broadband__internet_services.aspx

It only mentions that it is subject to their acceptable usage policy, which has nothing at all to do with Traffic Management. an AUP is *rules* and STM has nothing to do with it.

I think they are taking the ****

TraxData
29-11-2007, 12:52
So much for YOU stating that THERE IS NO STM on business BB!

So thats AGAIN you have lied...

No, i have not lied, nor has anyone ever said i have lied.

I just noticed last night my connection dropped to 5mbit, i should however have re-edited my post this morning as it was due to some little gits opening the case and ripping some wires out :rolleyes:

ECW_Original
29-11-2007, 13:01
No, i have not lied, nor has anyone ever said i have lied.

I just noticed last night my connection dropped to 5mbit, i should however have re-edited my post this morning as it was due to some little gits opening the case and ripping some wires out :rolleyes:

So it was an "accident" then (I enclose the word accident in double quotes because as you said, someone ripped the wires, so that part was intentional) and not traffic shaping?

Just to clarify: Business BB still has NO STM, is this true?

ps: I wish the engineer would hurry up, I gotta be out soon & I need to be here.

TraxData
29-11-2007, 13:05
So it was an "accident" then (I enclose the word accident in double quotes because as you said, someone ripped the wires, so that part was intentional) and not traffic shaping?

Just to clarify: Business BB still has NO STM, is this true?

ps: I wish the engineer would hurry up, I gotta be out soon & I need to be here.

Wasnt traffic shaping/STM, your correct.

And correct, it does not, i was tired and i just jumped the gun abit.

Ended up going out in the pouring rain to check the damn thing...had to get a friend out and spend near 2 hours fixing it :(

Aww, he'll turn up just after you've left :D

ECW_Original
29-11-2007, 13:06
Wasnt traffic shaping/STM, your correct.

And correct, it does not, i was tired and i just jumped the gun abit.

Ended up going out in the pouring rain to check the damn thing...had to get a friend out and spend near 2 hours fixing it :(

Aww, he'll turn up just after you've left :D

lol yeah, sod's law or sommat like that!