PDA

View Full Version : You Tube Slow Streaming

LaineY
22-11-2007, 16:57
Hi guys

Anyone having issues watching videos on youtube (but streaming works ok on all other sites for EG Google Video)

you click on a vid on youtube and it takes a good 5-10 mins to buffer a 3 min to 10 min video...

Im in Uddingston UBR 9 and have had issues with youtube for over 4-5 months..

if So please post your LOCATION and UBR if you know it..

I am trying to get this raised up to 2nd line.

Thanks

Richy99
22-11-2007, 16:59
other sites work so maybe it isnt VM but an issue with youtubes capacity....

AbyssUnderground
22-11-2007, 17:00
It is a VM issue. YouTube have plenty of bandwidth however VM do not have big enough pipes to the US. In peak times it gets saturated beyond belief meaning US sites will crawl.

Only thing you can do is either sit it out or try another time.

dev
22-11-2007, 17:18
It is a VM issue. YouTube have plenty of bandwidth however VM do not have big enough pipes to the US. In peak times it gets saturated beyond belief meaning US sites will crawl.

Only thing you can do is either sit it out or try another time.

not always the case, youtube is slow for a lot of people and not just in the uk either, if other sites are fine i'd say its youtubes problem

LaineY
22-11-2007, 17:18
iv just been advised BT is 10 times worse.. trying to get a video to play...

that was info from 5-6 BT customers...

it has to be the pipe going accross the water..

Impz2002
22-11-2007, 17:40
I seem to remember discussing this in the past. It is a VM issue and is almost certainly down to thier reluctancy to provide any real level 1 bandwith to US servers.

Same old story im afraid :(

It is very annoying having to wait for the stream to buffer, it reminds me alot of 56k dial up !

Impz

kai_mitsurugi
12-12-2010, 21:03
It's been slow for me too. I'm in Swansea with a 10Mb connection

die5el
13-12-2010, 03:16
Slow for me too. I'm in Swansea with a 50Mb connection

chill_fm
13-12-2010, 14:24
i get it from time at various times but have notice it dose buffer a lot during the song playing this is not peak times
like now am on 20 meg suppose 2 be. am n Renfrewshirea area

Blackened
13-12-2010, 14:40
I've had this problem with Virgin & YouTube for ever and it's been discussed here a few times. I'd have to go with previous comments regarding pipes. Yes, some US sites are perfectly fine but then again they're not chugging out bandwidth hand over fist like YouTube are. It works better in the early hours for me. During the day it's virtually unusable. Some people say changing to Google's DNS works for them. It doesn't for me.