PDA

View Full Version : Please may i have your service

Millay
22-11-2007, 13:32
I am having great fun at the moment getting an install done by VM so much so I may have to go ADSL which makes me wanna cry.

I live in a flat...

My number is 49 the flat above me is Top Flat 49

When the upstairs couple got VM Installed they got it installed as 49 not Top Flat 49

So now VM is telling me as it is already installed at my address I cannot have the service.

I have phoned and explained this to them, they have promised to get in contact with the people upstairs and ask them if the address is correct, I have tried this also but can never catch them in.

Is there anyway I can get VM to sort this?

Graham M
22-11-2007, 13:36
Can you not tell them you are "Bottom Flat 49" ?

v0id
22-11-2007, 14:14
If the installs at #49 instead of "Top Flat 49" surely the bills should come through your door then?

lostandconfused
22-11-2007, 14:25
if you tell them your bottom floor flat, they should be able to book an install, and as long as there isnt a flat below the tech should find you.

Millay
22-11-2007, 14:31
on there system for my address they have two options. top flat or 49.

so bottom flat is not availble :(

and we have a shared front door...

Graham M
22-11-2007, 14:33
So tell em youre the Top Flat? I don't suppose the installer will mind :)

TenderLoin
22-11-2007, 14:50
i would be careful with that. Make sure your neighbors pay all their bill etc. AFAIK VM bill is a utility bill so it affect your credit rating etc overall if there is any billing problem, present or future. Not to mention bailiff that bang on your door instead of theirs if they have problems with VM!!

lostandconfused
22-11-2007, 15:38
do your neighbours upstairs know they're account is at the wrong adress?

it might be worth asking them to change the adress, it could cause a problem if they have a fault, as the tech would be going to the wrong adress.

Millay
22-11-2007, 16:05
its all a minefield of stupidity lol...

i cant believe its me who has to sort this out its almost like identity theft