PDA

View Full Version : My cable is being 'piggy-backed' off neighbour's box

HSp8
22-11-2007, 11:52
had VM installed when I moved nearly 3 months ago

the guy who came said he couldn't get the cable from the street to my house, so he fed a cable from neighbour's outside box into my house.

I asked at the time would it affect my broadband speed - he said no, and it doesn't appear to have done so

However, he said someone would come back and sort it out, but they haven't.

We've had 3 people round since - none of them seem to be able to sort it out.

The neighbour is getting a bit annoyed as his outside box is 'open to the elements'

Anyone suggest what I can now do? (apart from getting irritated at Indian callcentre, threatening to leave)

Russ
22-11-2007, 12:00
Send me a PM with your name, address, account number and contact number and I'll pass this on to our guy in VM.

HSp8
22-11-2007, 12:20
Send me a PM with your name, address, account number and contact number and I'll pass this on to our guy in VM.

Thanks for that Russ

I'll email when I get home and lay my hands on the reference number I was given

xpod
22-11-2007, 14:16
had VM installed when I moved nearly 3 months ago

the guy who came said he couldn't get the cable from the street to my house, so he fed a cable from neighbour's outside box into my house.

I asked at the time would it affect my broadband speed - he said no, and it doesn't appear to have done so

However, he said someone would come back and sort it out, but they haven't.

We've had 3 people round since - none of them seem to be able to sort it out.

The neighbour is getting a bit annoyed as his outside box is 'open to the elements'

Anyone suggest what I can now do? (apart from getting irritated at Indian callcentre, threatening to leave)

They did the exact same thing to someone round the corner from us just recently.
At first they had just sent her a big box by post,with everything for a self install of all services,which was not what she needed at all,or asked for.
I set it all up for her but after calling VM they tried everything to activate the services and eventually needed to send an engineer out anyway.
Turns out he then had to use the neighbors box for a temporary line but in the process cut the neighbors phone off,and left 25 Ft of cable in her garden hanging from the black box.:rolleyes:
She got the TV & Phone(while next door lost their phone) that day but her broadband just needed "setup" with the cd the engineer had told her.

After trying myself without the cd i found she had some Winsock error on her own pc,preventing networking of any sort but after taking 2 laptops round to prove to her(& to vm)that even with a working pc she still did`nt have broadband we eventually got it on...
It took another 3 call`s,2 hours & a promised call back that never materialized before eventually getting someone sensible who did call back as promised and had her broadband working by then...on my laptops at least:)
It only took a couple of minutes to sort her own problems now with a BB connection thankfully.....thank god as i`d had enough of her problems.What a nightmare evening that was.

I`m not sure what the latest is on the supposedly temporary mess that engineer made but i`ll need to find out now.