PDA

View Full Version : Goodness, gracious me!

tortoise
21-11-2007, 22:19
Virgins' customer service beggars belief, after umpteen phone call,s 1 visit from a so-called engineer, and umpteen MORE phone calls to virgin, they shrug their shoulders and admit they don't know what's wrong with my 4Mb line that only gives 20KB download speeds. Guy at uk support even said 'We don't know what's wrong', i said 'So should i go elsewhere?', 'Yes, i guess so!'

Oh my god! Quite unrefutedly the WORST customer service and IT support i have ever seen in my 37 years!

BE or Vodafone or even BT, here i come.

Gary L
21-11-2007, 22:50
Guy at uk support even said 'We don't know what's wrong', i said 'So should i go elsewhere?', 'Yes, i guess so!'

Oh my god! Quite unrefutedly the WORST customer service and IT support i have ever seen in my 37 years!

Well it's better than him saying 'you so much as think of leaving, and i'll break both your legs' :D

ultimate
21-11-2007, 22:52
My BT Tiscali now at 10:50pm is giving me 6250 down and 381 up, my Virgin 20M line, is giving me 1352 down and 712 up, guess which one I am cancelling soon?

Hopefullyuseful
22-11-2007, 13:47
BE or Vodafone or even BT, here i come.

Hi Tortoise,

If you do decide to look into getting Vodafone broadband (http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vah) you can check for all the latest information on the website (http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vah).

Hopefullyuseful.

Mick Fisher
22-11-2007, 21:04
My BT Tiscali now at 10:50pm is giving me 6250 down and 381 up, my Virgin 20M line, is giving me 1352 down and 712 up, guess which one I am cancelling soon?
Last time I looked Tiscali were the Most Complained About ISP in the UK, VM were the second.

I wonder if VM have managed to overtake Tiscali for this coveted prize yet. If not, it seems they are working very hard at doing so. :D

Toto
22-11-2007, 21:23
Last time I looked Tiscali were the Most Complained About ISP in the UK, VM were the second.

I wonder if VM have managed to overtake Tiscali for this coveted prize yet. If not, it seems they are working very hard at doing so. :D

Some would argue that they don't have to work hard at all. ;)

Mick Fisher
23-11-2007, 00:50
Some would argue that they don't have to work hard at all. ;)
That is true. ;)

darxide
23-11-2007, 13:36
Last time I looked Tiscali were the Most Complained About ISP in the UK

An email I had about 1 and a half years ago after complaining about my old tiscali net (Was on 2meg) :p:

Hi

You are an IPStream customer and although Datastream may be a better option, due to the fact that we control the flow of usage rather than BT, only certain exchanges have the ability to offer this option.

It would appear at first glance that this is a congestion issue during peak times, but your speeds dropping as low as 150kbps is slightly concerning as this will affect your pings.

I'm going to escalate this to the technical team for further escalation and request that they contact you as soon as possible to resolve this issue for you.

Doesnt that sound so familiar? Lets play a game, guess what happend next :p:

bigdavep
23-11-2007, 14:17
Doesnt that sound so familiar? Lets play a game, guess what happend next :p:

Nothing?

darxide
23-11-2007, 14:38
yup :) soon after we left, got cut off for a month and went with eclipse :D