PDA

View Full Version : Upload cap is a joke, your thoughts

darxide
21-11-2007, 21:07
Ive been using vm 2meg cable for a couple of months now and only resently that Ive had the ability to download fast enough to get a cap. But just been doing speed tests throughout the evening and the upload cap is shocking. When not capped I get like 25 kb/s upload but this evening Im barely getting 5 kb/s (my download speeds hit about 100 kb/s during a cap). Now personally I really dont mind the download speeds getting capped, but it lags like a mother when people are just surfing (1k+ pings).

Whats everyone elses caps like (if your fortunate enough to get one) and do you think they should be removed?

ECW_Original
21-11-2007, 21:12
Well, touch wood, I have never had my upload speed capped, and I DO upload a hella lot of stoof!

On the download cap, my download speeds are never high enough to download 3GB in the allotted slot, apart from once, and I forced about 150 downloads to work at once (really big downloads) and this did push me over the limit, although the speed was limited to a LOT less that the 5Mb they say, so all-in-all, pretty crappola by vm!!

zer0
25-11-2007, 20:14
the whole cap system on a 2meg connection is a joke

ECW_Original
25-11-2007, 20:22
the whole cap system on a 2meg connection is a joke

Well you can safely say the cap throughout ALL tiers is more than a joke, its bloody pointless!!

xspeedyx
26-11-2007, 09:39
ECW have you tried downgrading?

ECW_Original
26-11-2007, 13:28
ECW have you tried downgrading?

No as the lower tier would be more appaling, would hit the STM threshold quicker, and the upload speed would be pants (this is the ONLY constant decent speed with my 20Mb connection)

Steve-o||[^]
27-11-2007, 00:41
unlucky.

least you're not getting 'managed' for 4 hours, 10 minutes after the 'peak period' has ended! Can someone $ ntpupdate uk.pool.ntp.org on the device(s) serving the renf area? :P

xspeedyx
27-11-2007, 12:07
I dont upload much but when using torrents I do upload so this would cripple my connection looks like I need to use ng's

deed02392
30-11-2007, 13:47
Any upload cap is a joke. The speed at which they give it to you is so ridiculously bad, to cap it is laughable. I'm glad I'm still at school. I take in my files on USB sticks and upload at about a megabyte a second. If you have any kids, that's what they're for :D