PDA

View Full Version : WayLeave Form

TenderLoin
21-11-2007, 17:36
I'm sorry but this is is extension to my earlier epic home moving saga (that still to be resolved).

Can someone forward me a copy of the term and condition of the Wayleave format please. Just out of interest, VM finally ring me telling me the Landlord refused to sign the form because of the condition s on it ( something like if I moved out before the contract end he is liable of something etc...)

I still believe the Wayleave is really unecessary since the property already wired and the landlord is not bothered about me putting the cable in but he does't like some silly contract that bind him down for some obscured reason.

Allegedly the VM Wayleave pesonnel who rang my landlord has been extremely rude and aggressive. No surprise here from the treatment I got last time I talk to one of them.

It smell like I'm going to leave VM due to some stupid policy and some of the incompetent staff that let their colleagues and customers down BIG TIME!!

Many thanks

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

OK I don't think I can get my landlord to sign the wayleave form for the new flat for unknown reasons.

My contract is up in early January. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to disconnect.

I've already disconnect my services from my old flat when I requested the move. I've been told that during the progress of moving I will not be charged as the services is suspended ( by Catherine on extension xxx ).

Now that I can't move my service I have to get out of the contract. I thought I can just reduce my services to bare minimum and pay till the contract expire. However Lee of the moving department said I can't do that, and I have to pay the full amount £30 for the rest of the contract. IS THAT TRUE? That's quite different to what I read on some of the posts here.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

WHISTLED
21-11-2007, 18:02
You have covered a lot of points on there and no-one can help with answers to questions etc so If you PM me your details (House number and postcode of new ana old address will be ok if dont have account handy) including a contact number for between 9-5 I will try and get you a call back.

Looking at the points its possible the solution may not be the desired one but at least we can get closure for you.

Lord Nikon
21-11-2007, 18:56
If the property is already wired for VM Cable feeds then a wayleave shouldn't be necessary as I thought those were only for new feeds to properties?

Marge
21-11-2007, 19:44
If the property is already wired for VM Cable feeds then a wayleave shouldn't be necessary as I thought those were only for new feeds to properties?

Correct and the OP has been told a load of twaddle :erm: :rolleyes:

TenderLoin
21-11-2007, 22:01

That's what I've been telling to them many many time...must be over 6 different personnels...I think I can start compiling a full VM moving department staff list if this is going any longer.

What really annoying me is I've been told because the flat number is not on the database (for reason like may be the flat has been converted or something) then they need to send out Wayleave form to get permission to do whatever need to be done BUT ALL THE BOXES ARE ALREADY THERE AND THE WHOLE FLAT OWN BY SAME LANDLORD!!!!!!!! So there must be agreement beforehand and it is probably some computer screw up on VM during the merging of Telewest and NTL that the flat is missed out. YOU CAN FIND MY FLAT ON ROYAL MAIL ADDRESS FINDER!!!

If they think they can't do anything unless there is an agreement, does that mean what already wired in my flat IS ILLEGEAL since there isn't a wayleave agreement, and i can just whack it off with no ramification??

ARGHHHHHHHH!!! Forgive me for ranting and moaning, probably because England is out and I'm in very bad mood :(

Marge
21-11-2007, 22:50
Tenderloin, I reckon you're spot on with your rants and moans ;)

I think it's a case of "computer says no" and that's your lot. No-one seems to be interested in why it's saying no and how they can get it to say yes. Do you know the name of the person who lived there before you or their phone number so you can give Virgin something else to search by. Having seen the databases used and tried to wade my way through them I know flat addresses can easily be missed when you're looking.

It's something that could so easily be sorted and yet seems to be proving mission impossible :(

lostandconfused
22-11-2007, 08:18
it could have been an error on the system and the adress wasnt showing.

But now the landlord has refused to sign a wayleave it may stop future installations as he has said he doesnt want VM in his property?

Motorman
22-11-2007, 09:10
aha! you need a spotter! (salesperson)

Virgin media 'spotters' are given leads, or visit people in just your situation.
They have power to create or amend addresses on the VM database. (or at least, request that Central housefile have them do the work)
You may have to ask for your details to be given to a 'spotter' so he/she can make an appointment to visit you and get this sorted.

Because the flat is already pre-wired you are correct no wayleave is required. Because it is pre-wired someone will have already signed for this (when cable was 1st installed). To say that the cable co can add, remove, change, replace etc. any equipment, apparatus or wires belonging to cable co.

If you still want to disconnect, you CAN change your package to the lowest for the remainder of the year.

TenderLoin
22-11-2007, 10:07
aha! you need a spotter! (salesperson)

If you still want to disconnect, you CAN change your package to the lowest for the remainder of the year.

That's not what Lee from the moving department said. I'm on a £30 a month (with some loyalty discount from the Sky fiasco). I thought I can reduce to..like only taking minimum telephone or TV package and that would do but he just say NO and then just can't be bothered. U suspect it was down to the office is closing yesterday (6ish and football is coming up)?? I don't know if I should get a crystal ball to see my luck the next time I call in.

but I DO WISH TO STAY WITH VM SERVICES. I don't know anyway to get pass those moving departments personnel and escalate the issue to someone who really CAN decide something out of a "computer-say-no" situation.

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

it could have been an error on the system and the adress wasnt showing.

But now the landlord has refused to sign a wayleave it may stop future installations as he has said he doesnt want VM in his property?

Oh he does prefer VM than Sky. No unsightly dish and damage to his precious brick. He is happy for me to get the cable connected.

He was just weary of so many details on the Wayleave condition that seems to bind him down, like preventing him knocking down the boxes if he wants to do extension? He might required to inform and get permission from VM if he want to move the tiny break-in boxes in the flat? A bit pesky but judging from the services and speed of VM lately, I can actually understand his concerns.

Ultimately the point is it is unnecessary for the Wayleave form. IT WAS ALREADY CABLED AND CONNECTED AND SERVING OTHER FLATS IN THE HOUSE AND IT ALL OWNS BY SAME LANDLORD. Gosh sorry for shouting but i just say the samething over and over and over agin on phone and posts. I think it starts to annoying people not just to myself. :rolleyes:

Motorman
22-11-2007, 10:51
try calling sales (not housemoves)
ask them to check your new address.
When they say it is not serviceable, ask them to refer your lead to the spotter in your region.
You may have to leave a voicemail message.
If no joy at first, try again.
Honestly this is your best route :)

lostandconfused
22-11-2007, 13:22
AFAIK the bit about not moving boxes, im pretty sure thats only while the tennant has active services, and he doesnt damage anyone elses connection.

I think that bit is more to protect your serivces than VM, if you move out or cancel your sub, you can do whatever you want with the cable on his property

TenderLoin
22-11-2007, 13:44
That's what I thought, and I was hoping to look at the form and see what exactly VM asking for so I can have a good talk with my landlord however unnecessary the Wayleave form is.

It all seems down to common sense really. I thought my request was reasonable to get VM to update the database and give me the connection since the major wiring is all done (apart from the final connection to modem/set top box) without the wayleave but they just can't do anything than the computer systems allow to tick/untick (i imagine).

Then I have a landlord that sounds a bit over sensitive on signing things off.

I don't know which one is more daunting: Moving house again or moving service with VM.

TenderLoin
23-11-2007, 14:18
VM just rang and a nice Lady S now trying to get me a Holy Spotter!! Things is finally looking up!! I hope the spotter's devine intervention could finally answer my distress call!!