PDA

View Full Version : Information needed

diddy1
20-11-2007, 19:31
I have just tried the online upgrade option and got this message, i have been on Broadband now for at least 6 years, currently on 4 meg. can anyone on here point me in the right direction or is this just another screw up..

I dont want to re register if its going to cock eveything up.

Virgin Media Broadband services upgrade
We are currently unable to change your connection speed.

Although your cable modem (Mac address: xxxxxxxxxxxxx) allows you to access the internet, you account was not fully registered as an Virgin Media Broadband Internet account. You do have a dial up account, but your dial up account (xxxxxxxx) details can not be currently used to authenticate your cable modem details.

Please go to https://autoreg.autoregister.net/start.html

click on register, then enter the serial number ntl-ct7-cb484 in the boxes.

Follow the instructions to guide you through the set up of a Virgin Media Broadband Internet account. You will be asked for your postcode and your account number.

When you have a Virgin Media Broadband Internet account, you will be able to move your dial up account (david.exon) mailboxes to your Virgin Media Broadband Internet account.

When you have completed registration you will be able to return to the Virgin Media Broadband services upgrade web site.

If you need further help, please contact customer support on 0845 454 1111.

Mick Fisher
20-11-2007, 21:12
I would ring CS. It's probably a foul up relating to the migration of peoples accounts thats been going on.

diddy1
20-11-2007, 22:22
Thanks Mick, will do.