PDA

View Full Version : Fobbed off with excuses from technical support

The_0ne
19-11-2007, 19:43
For the past 5 or 6 weeks ive noticed my broadband speed crippled of an evening like im sure most other VM broadband customers do.

I rang up this evening to complain about the throttling/traffic shaping of an evening to be told "oh theres a fault i nthe area thats why your speeds are slow but they will be sorted shortly"

To which i said thats basically a load of rubbish because of a morning my speeds are a constant 18 - 19mb then as soon as it goes 4-5pm ish my speeds barely reach 4mb and at worst hit as low as 1.5mb.

"yes its because of the fault in the area"

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight so the fault in the area just decides its going to affect speeds of an evening then yeah??

All you get from VM is excuses after excuses as to why your speed is pants of an evening.

:td:

darkrage
19-11-2007, 20:13
stick it in writing and formally complain like me =)

The_0ne
19-11-2007, 20:19
Can anyone tell me whether these signal results are normal or not please?

Downstream Status
Operational

Channel ID

Downstream Frequency
331000000 Hz

Modulation
256QAM

Bit Rate
20480000 bits/sec

Power Level
0.5 dBmV

Signal to Noise Ratio
35.8 dB

Upstream Status
Operational

Channel ID

Upstream Frequency
41200000 Hz

Modulation
QPSK

Bit Rate
768000 bits/sec

Power Level
22.0 dBmV

darkrage
19-11-2007, 20:24
looks ok to me but im no tech whats the upstream?

lol didnt see the lower upstream haha

r00t
19-11-2007, 20:51
Those figures are fine The_0ne

The_0ne
21-11-2007, 17:24
Promised by Installation manager and customer relations that installations would visit today to remove the wire.

Have they turned up.

Have they ******* :mad:

Russ
21-11-2007, 17:51
Send me a PM with your name, address, account number and contact number and I'll pass this on to our contact in VM.

The_0ne
21-11-2007, 17:54
Its ok mate already got 2 Formal complaints aganst VM which are supposedly being "sorted" obivously one of them hasnt so installations manager is meant to be contacting me tomorrow.

CISAS will take over the case for me shortly

Russ
21-11-2007, 17:57
The guy we pass issues on to is excellent with matters like this :tu:

The_0ne
21-11-2007, 18:15
Thats appreciated but im not going to send personal details and account numbers to joe bloggs on a forum

Thanks for the offer though :)

r00t
21-11-2007, 18:30
RussB isn't just Joe Bloggs. There is nothing that he can do with your details, except pass them on to someone who works within VM.
If you're not willing to let Russ help you, then there is no helping you.
Good luck!

Russ
21-11-2007, 18:41
It's up to you - if you want your issue sorted in a few days, get in touch.

piggy
21-11-2007, 18:50
Its ok mate already got 2 Formal complaints aganst VM which are supposedly being "sorted" obivously one of them hasnt so installations manager is meant to be contacting me tomorrow.

CISAS will take over the case for me shortly

and what will cisas do exactly??
if you want it sorting quickly you have had the best offer of help

Gary L
21-11-2007, 19:16
RussB isn't just Joe Bloggs. There is nothing that he can do with your details, except pass them on to someone who works within VM.
If you're not willing to let Russ help you, then there is no helping you.
Good luck!

Russ wants his name, address, account number. can you really blame the guy for being a bit weary of giving these to just anyone?
Russ may be legit but you can't remark with if you're not willing to give him your personal details then there is no helping you. you could be Russ's accomplice :)

piggy
21-11-2007, 19:20
Russ wants his name, address, account number. can you really blame the guy for being a bit weary of giving these to just anyone?
Russ may be legit but you can't remark with if you're not willing to give him your personal details then there is no helping you. you could be Russ's accomplice :)

oh dear!!

mrmistoffelees
21-11-2007, 19:21
Russ, you're not putting some disks in the internal post are you................... ;)

Gary L
21-11-2007, 19:24
oh dear!!

You're under arrest!

:jk:

r00t
21-11-2007, 19:38

I ask for details on here almost daily and the CF team verify who I am. And I get the details and help. IMO some people don't want to be helped.

Gary L
21-11-2007, 19:46
I ask for details on here almost daily and the CF team verify who I am. And I get the details and help. IMO some people don't want to be helped.

Who has verified the CF team? all I'm saying is that people just join this forum and we don't know who they are. we don't know that this is an official Virgin Media forum do we? there was that other site virginmediauser.com that was asking for peoples personal details not so long ago which has completely dissapeared now. I agree that some people don't want to be helped, but I haven't seen one post yet where anybody recommends a person post to the Virgin Media internal support groups where they can get almost instant help from the excellent technical support people. if you happen to catch them awake that is :)

Nedkelly
21-11-2007, 19:53
There are members on here who have been helped by the team at cable forum and have posted back saying thanks .At the end of the day its upto you if you want help :)

SapperGB
21-11-2007, 19:56
I would be happy to take help from Russ,

Ive had a PM from BBking but as of yet no resolution or infomation as to how to handle things, im guessing hes snowed under as ive not had reples to PM's ive sent.

IF this guy doesnt want your offer of time, perhaps you could invest it in a similar issue at
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33624165-whats-my-ubr.html

Im sure BBking would agree, 2 heads are better than one.

Russ
21-11-2007, 20:02
I understand some peoples' concerns however there are dozens of users who will vouch for us. We have a 100% success rate in helping people. And to be honest I can't think of anything I could gain by having the details I've asked you for. Up to you of course :)

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:59 ----------

As for BBking, I may disagree with him on a great many things but there's few better qualified to help users with their issues.

homealone
21-11-2007, 22:10
Who has verified the CF team? all I'm saying is that people just join this forum and we don't know who they are. we don't know that this is an official Virgin Media forum do we? there was that other site virginmediauser.com that was asking for peoples personal details not so long ago which has completely dissapeared now. I agree that some people don't want to be helped, but I haven't seen one post yet where anybody recommends a person post to the Virgin Media internal support groups where they can get almost instant help from the excellent technical support people. if you happen to catch them awake that is :)

If you mean the newsgroup support, then it has been mentioned on this forum & seems viable as a support route.

This forum, while it isn't an 'official' VM forum, does, in my opinion, offer an unique opportunity for access to the VM resources at a decently high level. :cool:

In some ways I think it is like going to the dentist - the newsgroup is the NHS ;)

However, in the analogy, if a forum is akin to a private practice why go there & then refuse to let the dentist look in your mouth?

For what it is worth, in the more than 5 years I have 'known' the admins on Cable Forum I have not heard of any abuse of information shared with them :angel: