PDA

View Full Version : Help!

s_legend
18-11-2007, 16:55
Ok im like most other people who are with virgin internet, not happy at all with it, had constant problems with them and connecting to the internet, and when i am connected its deperatley slow.

i'm not exactly a computer expert but i no a few things, and something is up with my connection and would appreciate if someone could perhaps help me.

all my settings are correct and i have checked them over and over to make sure. my computer says i am connected to the modem and the connection is excellent, however i am unable to load any webpages! and i barley recieve any packets if this means anything, i also live with 3 ova people with computers and they r having the same problem, so it cant just be my computer. it was working until 2 days ago, tried everything to sort it out and nothing is working, but i still cant tell if this is my fault its not working or virgins, if anyone can help that wood be great.

Thanks

Ernie_C
18-11-2007, 17:22
Have you tried contacting Virgin Media to help you understand and resolve your issue?

I suggest the newsgroup (virginmedia.support.broadband.cable) is the best approach to getting help.

hairy_mick
18-11-2007, 17:27
i had the same problem the other day infact it was down all day but it now seams to be working fine.

s_legend
18-11-2007, 17:30
i had the same problem the other day infact it was down all day but it now seams to be working fine.

yeh i was happy enough to leave it a day to see if it was just something to do with virgin and it being down, but now its been almost 2 days and its not working im getting a little bit impatient, i have rung virgin and they give me the same old stuff like checking my router is plugged in etc etc, and for 25p a minute i wanted sum betta advice than stuff i already no to check for!

hairy_mick
18-11-2007, 19:57
just a quick one i have vista and after the latest update i lost the internet i had to system restore to repair it.