PDA

View Full Version : For disgruntled 20Meg users.

Northeast_user
18-11-2007, 14:44
Hello Cable Forum.
I've been a reader of this site for a while (and yes it has helped) an I finally thought I'd pass on my run ins with VM. At the beginning of Sept I upgraded my BB to 20 meg, and like alot of the folks here I was only getting 2Mb at best.
Last week I finally had enough and started a personal battle to get the speed I was paying for. So I started calling VM and asking them what the hell was going on. After around 2 hours on the phone and speaking to 6 people, and getting passed from pillar to post I ended up in India. I was put through to one of their techs there who told me that a) I WAS getting the service I was paying for (which turned out to be a lie) and that I should never use speedtests to test my connection speed :|. I gave up that night.
The next day I called again. I ended up speaking to 7 people this time but then again ended up in India. The tech I spoke to that day informed me that I was connected to the wrong server. He fixed the error and within one hour I was basking in the glory of 20meg. Not only that but I contacted VM again asking what I was going to get back for their error, One months free internet ( I wanted more but didn't like to push my luck). plus all my call charges would be returned.
So people I recommend that if you are getting bad (if not terrible) BB speeds get on the phone and make sure you are going through the appropriate server.

Mick Fisher
18-11-2007, 18:04
:tu: