PDA

View Full Version : It's been a week...

Amorya
16-11-2007, 17:59
Our install was scheduled for last saturday. An engineer turns up, and asks what needs doing. He then tells us "Oh, I can't do the whole installation. I can only do the part that's inside the house. Laying the cable through the garden from the street requires a two man team." (When I ordered Virgin cable I specified that the house had never previously been connected.)

He installs the box on the wall, leaves the cables coiled in the garden, and promises me there will be another engineer round on Tuesday to finish the job. He also leaves me his supervisor's phone number.

I phone customer services that day just to check, and am told that it's a bit irregular but they'd see how soon they can get an engineer. They said if someone was free they'd be out the same day, but if not it'd be the Tuesday slot I was promised. They also told me I didn't have to be in when the engineer did turn up, as all the internal work was done.

Late on Tuesday I phone to work out what's going on. I get put through to faults, who try to insist they need to diagnose what's wrong. My cable box says "LD20" on the screen, I say when asked. She tells me that could be due to an outage in my area. I try in vain to argue that I know exactly why it doesn't work, and it's because the cable doesn't go anywhere! She then has the nerve to tell me I will be charged for a second engineer to visit. I put in a formal complaint and am told I'll be rung back within 48 hours. I don't find that acceptable but they refuse to do anything else.

The next day I phone to check the status of things. I'm told that the previous complaint was never filed. I file another. Again I'm told within 48 hours.

The next day (Thursday) I repeat the process. I'm told the complaint was filed and read, but I've had no call. This time I'm promised a call back before 5pm. No call of course.

I've also left a few messages on the answerphone of Darren, the supervisor whose number I was left. Most of the time his phone just rings or says engaged, but a few times I've got answerphone and left my number. No call back.

Today I'm told the same thing -- they can only promise to call me back. I have no faith that they will.

So, does anyone know a postal address I can write to? Or another phone number where I can speak to someone on the complaints team?

I'm thinking that the photo of the cables just coiled in my garden would look rather good in our student newspaper. If I don't get a resolution by early next week I plan to ask them if they want to write an article about it. With 6,000 or so student houses looking for internet connections every year, a story like that could make a bit of a dint in Virgin's profits. Other than that, I can't think what else to do if I can't speak to anyone in charge.

Amorya

Amorya
10-12-2007, 15:10
So much for one week... it still hasn't been done. I'm very ****ed off.

MovedGoalPosts
10-12-2007, 15:15
:weclome: to Cable Forum :tu:

Sorry to see your getting the run around. Cable Forum does have some senior level contacts at Virgin Media who have proven adept at cutting through the red tape that can occur. If you want to PM me some details - your name, address incl postcode, customer account number (if issued), and a daytime phone number - we'll see what they can do.