PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me

kleo42
15-11-2007, 19:55
firstly I apologize everybody my english is under avarage.I am afraid I have a problem.I bought virginbroadband size M up to 2Mb.Virgin service representitive come my home and then they give broadband set up cd.I use windows xp and then I want to run set up cd but setup cd doesnt work.because

''the language your operating system is configured to use is not supported by this program''

what is this mean?can I do? I dont connect internet for 20 days.

thank you.

Knobbly
15-11-2007, 19:57
firstly I apologize everybody my english is under avarage.I am afraid I have a problem.I bought virginbroadband size M up to 2Mb.Virgin service representitive come my home and then they give broadband set up cd.I use windows xp and then I want to run set up cd but setup cd doesnt work.because

''the language your operating system is configured to use is not supported by this program''

thank you.

Try altering your language settings (buried somewhere in the control panel) to English (UK) before installing from the CD, you can always alter it back afterwards.

Cobbydaler
15-11-2007, 19:59

thank you.

Welcome to the forums :)

Presumably your PC is set up for a language other than English?

Try installing the English locale from your operating system's setup CD or switch to it if it's already installed...

kleo42
15-11-2007, 20:00
knobby thank you.how is change language.pls tell me detail.for example start and then controlling system etc.

thank you

MovedGoalPosts
15-11-2007, 20:01
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

I assume that your Windows installation uses a language other than United Kingdom English as it's default (for text in icons, help, keyboard and stuff).

You have two options:

1) Go into control panel and temporarily change the default language - this could cause other hidden issues).

2) Set up manually without the CD at all. In fact you only need the CD if you must use a USB connection rather than the much superior ethernet.

The manual installation instructions for a modem are included in this article (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/94/33602415-how-set-up-your-ntl-broadband.html).

Knobbly
15-11-2007, 20:01
knobby thank you.how is change language.pls tell me detail.for example start and then controlling system etc.

thank you

Start/Control Panel (In Vista it's "Regional and Language settings" I'm sure it's similar in XP)

PhantomTa2
15-11-2007, 20:02
Start - settings - control panel (that way if you have the "classic" interface on - Regional and Language Options...you should be able to change it there, I think

DocDutch
15-11-2007, 20:18
just connect the modem via ethernet to your pc and you wont have to change a thing.

no need for the cd in my book :)

kleo42
15-11-2007, 21:27
thank you for your answers.I try to change language and only keyboard language changed.I dont forget tell you.I use windows xp turkish.I think that I may use windows xp english.
where can I find or buy xp english program and do you think how much.
thank you