PDA

View Full Version : Leaving vm

ginge51
15-11-2007, 17:32
Hi all :)

I'm not unhappy with the service or anything but I want to leaver and goto bethere.co.uk .
There packages are outstanding price wise.
Be unlimited

Unleash true, untamed and unchallenged broadband. Download life at will. Be how you want to be.

Up to 24 meg ultra-fast broadband

Up to 1.3 meg upload speeds

Unlimited usage

£18 monthly

£24 connection fee

24/7 support hotline

1 Static IP free
18 pounds per month for 24 meg bb??
The other offer with a higher 2.5 upload speed is stilkl 24 pound per month.

Now I'm wondering will i have to pay anything to vm if i leave my contract???

The cheaper offer is 8 meg down 1.3 meg up for 14 pounds :)

Sirius
15-11-2007, 17:34
Hi all :)

I'm not unhappy with the service or anything but I want to leaver and goto bethere.co.uk .
There packages are outstanding price wise.
Be unlimited

Unleash true, untamed and unchallenged broadband. Download life at will. Be how you want to be.

Up to 24 meg ultra-fast broadband

Up to 1.3 meg upload speeds

Unlimited usage

£18 monthly

£24 connection fee

24/7 support hotline

1 Static IP free
18 pounds per month for 24 meg bb??
The other offer with a higher 2.5 upload speed is stilkl 24 pound per month.

Now I'm wondering will i have to pay anything to vm if i leave my contract???

So how long have you been with VM is it less that 12 months

ginge51
15-11-2007, 17:35
So how long have you been with VM is it less that 12 months

It's coming upto a year now i think It's a year in jan/feb?

SOSAGES
15-11-2007, 17:40
u do know for 24 meg u will probably need to live in the exchange :)
check what u can get before u make the move
all through this country people wonder why they dont get anywhere near full speed with adsl, its mostly down to distance and the useless old wires installed.

ginge51
15-11-2007, 17:45
all through this country people wonder why they dont get anywhere near full speed with adsl, its mostly down to distance and the useless old wires installed.

Anything there or around 15 mb will do me great m8.
I'm suprised no1 from vm has jumped ship seeing how our 20 meg bb is no way near 20 meg bb more like 5 meg at most times :(

Any ideas on what I'll have to do to get out of me contract with vm?

xspeedyx
15-11-2007, 18:00
Anything there or around 15 mb will do me great m8.
I'm suprised no1 from vm has jumped ship seeing how our 20 meg bb is no way near 20 meg bb more like 5 meg at most times :(

Any ideas on what I'll have to do to get out of me contract with vm?

i get great speeds unless stm'd and be can only offer me 1mb :(

TraxData
15-11-2007, 18:05

You can get 24mbit upto 1km away from the exchange, and around 16mbit upto 2km.

Not that many people do have really bad cabling and *most* speed problems are due to bad faceplates/wiring throughout the house.

To your other comment, all through the country people are wondering why they dont get anywhere near the full speed quoted with cable as well ;)

Copperfaced Jack
15-11-2007, 18:45
1.5 km away real distance and I get 18 down and 1.3 up, solid and stable. I used Sales1 as a code and got free connection, and went through Quidco to get £55 cashback as well. Am on the unlimited package. Can't recommend it highly enough. VM 20 meg never ever touched this speed and stability.
Do it, it's easy and don't put up with the lies and grief from VM any more.
Be unlimited is a threemonth notice period so you can always go elsewhere fairly easily if it doesn't work out. Good luck.

xiao
15-11-2007, 19:14
ya but this is virgin media CS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fNY3zncDnw

Sirius
15-11-2007, 19:20
ya but this is virgin media CS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fNY3zncDnw

And you believe that is. :rolleyes:

xiao
15-11-2007, 19:21
And you believe that is. :rolleyes:

lol ya

Sirius
15-11-2007, 19:32
lol ya

:)

Mick Fisher
15-11-2007, 19:40
1.5 km away real distance and I get 18 down and 1.3 up, solid and stable. I used Sales1 as a code and got free connection, and went through Quidco to get £55 cashback as well. Am on the unlimited package. Can't recommend it highly enough. VM 20 meg never ever touched this speed and stability.
Do it, it's easy and don't put up with the lies and grief from VM any more.
Be unlimited is a threemonth notice period so you can always go elsewhere fairly easily if it doesn't work out. Good luck.
WTG!!
My Be Pro goes active tomorrow. I hope it works as well as yours seems to. Still anything over 3-4meg will be an improvement on VM and I will be saving £15.00pm.

xiao
15-11-2007, 19:54
WTG!!
My Be Pro goes active tomorrow. I hope it works as well as yours seems to. Still anything over 3-4meg will be an improvement on VM and I will be saving £15.00pm.

plz keep us updated coz i wanna move too

CrossyX
15-11-2007, 21:15
Lol seems a few of you have gone with Be aswell. My BT line got installed yesterday so i have to wait 48 hours before be can sort me out. I am around 3km (real distance) from the exchange i am hoping for around 8mb down and 1mb up. A few of my friends have Be aswell and they have said its excellent and the CS is brilliant. I dont know if this will get posted as at the minute i am struggling to browse the web with my lightning fast VM 20mb Broadband

ginge51
15-11-2007, 21:42
nobody has answered my question :(
What happens with the vm contract can i simply cancel it or do i need to pay the rest off?

mr_bo
15-11-2007, 21:45
What happens with the vm contract can i simply cancel it or do i need to pay the rest off?

You will probably have to pay, I have disconnected all services but was only contracted to the v+ which cost me 5 1/2 months left on contract = £56

CrossyX
15-11-2007, 21:49
IF you are not receiving the speeds you promised you could just get out that way as they are not providing the service they promised. I handed my last month notice in i am cancelling my DD for this month as i know they will try and charge me full price and not the price i was initially paying and on top of that its been unusable pretty much all the time for what i want it for (gaming). Its ironic they are plastered everywhere for xbox live, ranting on about how you skill dosent matter if your pings are rubbish and your connection slow and that is exactly why i am leaving them.....

Mick Fisher
16-11-2007, 01:21
You will probably have to pay the rest off but you can downgrade to the cheapest option or negotiate a deal because of your poor performing connection that should help to offset the cost.