PDA

View Full Version : ACR calls getting through?

crl
15-11-2007, 13:32
I have had Anonymous Call Rejection installed on my virgin media phone line for over a year now, and has been working fine until now.

But now some withheld commercial calls are getting through again - 1471 message "we do not have the callers number"

How can this happen and is there a cure?

Thanks

southwell
15-11-2007, 14:48
I had this and just put my number back into the website. Non since.

Help!!!
15-11-2007, 14:53
I have had Anonymous Call Rejection installed on my virgin media phone line for over a year now, and has been working fine until now.

But now some withheld commercial calls are getting through again - 1471 message "we do not have the callers number"

Thanks

Some smart companies know a way of getting round this, pressing some sort of code before dialing enables them to get through, When they phone ask to be taken of there list and never call again. If that fails complain to Virgin they may give you better advice.

We have it with BT and its not 100% working, So most time when those cold callers ring I quite rudely tell them to take my number out of your database and never call again.

Akia
18-11-2007, 12:04
I'd reccomend TPS.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

It should stop most of the UK based cold callers

dragon
18-11-2007, 23:18
I know someone who has a US number for his skype in service that sometimes gets telesales calls, if he's board sometimes he lets them go all though the spiel and gets them to waste as much time as possible.

Then he'll say something along the lines of "yeah i'm interested, but i'm in the Neatherlands"

That gets em most of the time :p:

I don't seem to get any telesales calls on my Voip number, pity because theres a number I can divert them to which plays some REALLY annoying music down the phone...

dave_dph
24-11-2007, 07:17

Thanks

Anonymous Caller Rejection will only reject calls where the number is withheld, not where the number is unavailable. Calls from some switchboards and some calls from abroad will show as unavailable. Listen to the message on 1471, it doesn't actually say withheld. You cannot block these types of call.