PDA

View Full Version : VIP install question

TheDon
14-11-2007, 18:21
Just a nice quick simple question, tomorrow I'm having VIP installed, upgrading from just BB, so the 2nd set top box is going to go in the same room as the BB currently is. I'm wondering if they just take off the current wall box which has 1 output on it and stick on one that splits the signal with 2 outputs, or will they split another cable off the box outside and then drill through the wall and install a 2nd white box next to the current one?

on in an hour!
14-11-2007, 19:13
Just a nice quick simple question, tomorrow I'm having VIP installed, upgrading from just BB, so the 2nd set top box is going to go in the same room as the BB currently is. I'm wondering if they just take off the current wall box which has 1 output on it and stick on one that splits the signal with 2 outputs, or will they split another cable off the box outside and then drill through the wall and install a 2nd white box next to the current one?
the set top uses the same signal as the modem so no need for re-drilling,if the RF feed is already in the same room its only a qustion of installing a splitter ;)