PDA

View Full Version : Psychology Questionairre (1 question)

yaypandas
14-11-2007, 14:26
You have not got a disabled driver windscreen badge but you have just parked in a disabled driver parking space. A ______ tells you to move your car to another place. Do you Obey or Ignore them.

1. Traffic warden
2. Policeman
3. Member of the public

(this is for my psychology work so please tell the truth)

bmxbandit
14-11-2007, 14:28
Obey all three - I wouldn't have parked there intentionally!

Acathla
14-11-2007, 14:32
Can't answer as I would never park in a disabled bay without a badge.

I would most likely have been the member of the public to tell someone to shift.
I do the same at our local tesco's with parent/child parking as well.

Bet I'll get shot one day :(

Jon T
14-11-2007, 14:52
I don't drive so can't answer properly.

However, the traffic warden probably wouldn't ask you to move, they'd just issue you with a ticket.

dilli-theclaw
14-11-2007, 14:54
I'd say I forgot it - wave my white stick at them and hope they let me off ;)

But assuming the person doesn't have a reason to hold one in the question I'd obey the first 2 and ignore the 3rd one.

yaypandas
14-11-2007, 15:01
thanks for all the answers so far folks, i still need as more as possible though so please keep it up. cheers.

dilli-theclaw
14-11-2007, 15:05
I'd be interested if you could post the results of your survey when it's finished too.

goldoni
14-11-2007, 15:34
The amount of times I have asked people do you realise you are parked in a disabled parking bay? Most people say oh sorry I didn’t realise and move.
In answer to your question I would obey all three because the member of the public just may be an off duty copper or a hobby bobby (bless their cotton socks) who could stick you on.

Knobbly
14-11-2007, 15:43
1. He/she has asked me to move, if it got me out of getting a ticket then I'd move it
2. I'd move it, doesn't pay to upset a copper
3. I'd probably move it for a member of the public too, just in case they took a fit of spite and decided to key my car while I was away doing whatever.

Taf
14-11-2007, 15:46
I parked in a disabled slot WITH a disabled badge and was told to move by an irate, obesely fat guy who wanted to park HIS car there (no disabilty badge). I told him to park further away as he obviously could do with the exercise.

He then parked behind my car, blocking my exit, but was not happy to be then towed away and clamped at the far side of the carpark... £200 release fee.

I have seen may no-badge cars parked in disabled slots having A4 notices STUCK with horrible gooey glue to their windscreens.. with an apt message.

Please respect Disabled slots people....

Aragorn
14-11-2007, 15:59
Myself, I wouldn't park in the disabled spot, but if had by accident I would probably move in all three cases.
[Masive generalisation warning] I might be wrong, but I doubt that many on CF have the mentality needed to deliberately abuse disabled spaces.[/Masive generalisation warning]

AntiSilence
14-11-2007, 16:41
I've only got a mountain bike so I don't need to park in disabled spots lol.

But if I did have a car, I wouldn't park in them anyway and my dad is registered disabled.

PeteTheMusicGuy
14-11-2007, 16:53
Dont have a car myself but I would have not parked there in the first place.

MovedGoalPosts
14-11-2007, 16:54
I'd ignore the copper - they don't enforce parking anymore ;)
Traffic warden I'd obey as i don't want a ticket.
Member of the public - stupid busy body who is being far too nosy.

What really gets me is that there are all these disabled parking spaces, but if you have a badge you can use the non disabled ones too, surely that's discrimination against the able bodied? /Victor Meldrew bigot mode off ;)

Hugh
14-11-2007, 17:01
Move for all three, as I would never intentionally park in a disabled bay.

Anyone who parks in a disabled bay without a badge should have an sticky A3 poster put on their windscreen saying "I'm not disabled, just lazy or thoughtless" (imho).

Enuff
14-11-2007, 17:13
The simple answer to the question is to obey all 3. But, there are a few scenarios I could think of that would enable me to give a more detailed answer. :)

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Move for all three, as I would never intentionally park in a disabled bay.

Anyone who parks in a disabled bay without a badge should have an sticky A3 poster put on their windscreen saying "I'm not disabled, just lazy or thoughtless" (imho).

Just because they don't have a disabled badge, doesn't mean they aren't disabled.

scrotnig
14-11-2007, 17:44
I'd obey 1) and 2).

I would NOT obey 3), because I do NOT take instructions from interfering busybodies, regardless of the rights or wrongs of the situation. "MYBB" would be response in that case.

Hugh
14-11-2007, 17:54
The simple answer to the question is to obey all 3. But, there are a few scenarios I could think of that would enable me to give a more detailed answer. :)

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Just because they don't have a disabled badge, doesn't mean they aren't disabled.
But it does mean they are not entitled to park in a bay allocated for disabled badge holders.

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

I'd obey 1) and 2).

I would NOT obey 3), because I do NOT take instructions from interfering busybodies, regardless of the rights or wrongs of the situation. "MYBB" would be response in that case.
What if it was their business, as they had just had to help a disabled relative or friend back to their car which was quite a distance away, because some thoughtless/lazy/didn't give a toss (please delete as applicable) person had parked in the disabled bay.

Enuff
14-11-2007, 18:03
I've just thought of an even more simpler answer, and that is... I wouldn't ignore them.

Maggy
14-11-2007, 18:39
Wouldn't do it in the first place and yes I would obey all three.

Mr Angry
14-11-2007, 19:06
What colour is the car?

Hugh
14-11-2007, 19:13
What colour is the car?

Please re-arrange these letters into a well-known phrase

a s r e - s a m r t

;)

yaypandas
14-11-2007, 19:49
wow! i leave for a while and get tons more! thank you all but dont stop posting people, i need all the opinion i can get even if its been said before.

Help!!!
14-11-2007, 20:17
I would obay all three, the law is the law!

Ask your teacher what colour is grass?

They answer.....

Ask again who said its green

They answer...

Ask again,how do you know its green?

Vlad_Dracul
16-11-2007, 19:05
Can't answer as I would never park in a disabled bay without a badge.

I would most likely have been the member of the public to tell someone to shift.
I do the same at our local tesco's with parent/child parking as well.

Bet I'll get shot one day :(

I have a huge Tescos near me in Stckport. They have spaces for disabled people,spaesfor otherand parents et etc I'm surprised they dont introduce spaces for gays next.

Ok i can understand some provision is needed for disaled people but fact is,a big proportion of badges are used illegally by relatives and friends. Why is it that so man "disabled" people have hlsea tractors and huge beemers? Answer because the disable person is actually stuck at hom watchingsome crap on telly whilst their relative is poncing around with the badge which they have appled for on mummy or daddies behalf.

As for parent /kid arking places, i say cobblers to them. They are not a specal case andi make a point of parking in their reserved spaces.

On the other hand,i would never park in a disabled bay,even though most are abused,simply because a genuine case might come along.

Raistlin
16-11-2007, 19:09
I would never intentionally park in a disabled bay when not entitled to do so - with that in mind.

I would refuse to *obey* all three - however, if the error of my ways was pointed out to me in a reasonable manner by any of them I would (of course) move.

TheNorm
16-11-2007, 20:23
I would only park in a disabled space in a dire emergency (e.g. just ran over someone), so my answer would be "ignore" to all three.

CycoSymz
16-11-2007, 21:31
I never have/or would park in a disabled space unless I was disabled (which I'm not)