PDA

View Full Version : End of my teather

Celticyo
13-11-2007, 21:10
Evening everyone, just thought I would post on here unable to get any help from anywhere, including virgin support number, and just wondered if someone could offer some advice
We have the virgin media M package I think, 2 mb broadband, tv and phone line
We are using a belkin wireless router, it is wired into the modem which is wired into one of the telewest points upstairs, we seem to have numerous telewest points around the house for wiring the modem/tv into, were unsure of this was the problem
Running 3 laptops in the house, one of which is sometimes hardwired into the router, and the problems are occurring on all of them, all machines are running XP also.
The problem is that files will not download fully, videos on youtube stop half way through, and msn keeping going offline then logging bck on again.
Websites often fail to come up at the first attempt, coming up on the 2nd or 3rd refresh
This issue has been ongoing since virgin media was installed-2 months ago
Sorry for such a long post but if anyone could shed some light on the matter would be v grateful
Thanks
James

Mick Fisher
13-11-2007, 21:31
Connect direct to the cable modem to eliminate a router problem.
open your browser to http://root:root@192.168.100.1 click on Log In and report back with your
downstream receive power level
downstream snr
upstream transmit power level.