PDA

View Full Version : Second V+ box installation

HowardCanning
12-11-2007, 10:46
Hi all,

Quick question, I have an engineer coming next Thursday (hopefully) to install a second V+ box upstairs... I'm assuming he'll need to fit a white isolator box to the inside wall in the bedroom, will this wire come out and attach to the brown box on the outside wall? Please don't say he has to take it off of the white box downstairs with the first V+ box and cable modem attached to it :(

Cheers

on in an hour!
12-11-2007, 19:48
Hi all,

Quick question, I have an engineer coming next Thursday (hopefully) to install a second V+ box upstairs... I'm assuming he'll need to fit a white isolator box to the inside wall in the bedroom, will this wire come out and attach to the brown box on the outside wall? Please don't say he has to take it off of the white box downstairs with the first V+ box and cable modem attached to it :(

Cheers
there shouldnt be any probs taking the feed off the external box ;)

HowardCanning
12-11-2007, 19:55
Wonderful. I will prepare my room as much as possible then, to avoid too much upheaval when he arrives. Hope he doesn't want more than about 2-3 feet of space, the cabinet ain't moving!

on in an hour!
12-11-2007, 20:00
Wonderful. I will prepare my room as much as possible then, to avoid too much upheaval when he arrives. Hope he doesn't want more than about 2-3 feet of space, the cabinet ain't moving!
he will need to bodily get near the wall to which he will be drilling thro.;)

HowardCanning
12-11-2007, 20:12
Yeah he can do that ;)

Might pre-drill the holes though, don't want him knackering the rendering on the outside ;)

on in an hour!
14-11-2007, 19:25
Yeah he can do that ;)

Might pre-drill the holes though, don't want him knackering the rendering on the outside ;)
let us know how you get on H but unless your drilling from outside in,its hard to know if your gonna come out (from inside the property) in the middle of the brick,even then if its accky brick theres no way you can drill through the middle of it on 'drill',youve got to go on hammer :(

HowardCanning
14-11-2007, 20:00
Will do :) I'll get all the power cables, HDMI leads etc ready as I don't want him buggering around with my equipment :p How long are the engineers usually there when adding second boxes? And are the Isolator boxes rebranded with VM yet? ;)

discoade
15-11-2007, 02:32
I had a second box installed last Saturday the cable came from the brown box and up the outside wall. The new terminal box is branded vm. Three vans turned up to do it! In all they were here about 30 mins inc a cup of tea!

I asked if they could fit a splitter to the terminal box so i could run the BB up there but they reckoned they don't carry them!
Did it myself that evening with a part from b&q!

it seemed to take a long time for my channel package to update on the new box (about an hour) i don't know if this is an issue with a second box or they were just busy that day.:erm:

Overall.. nice lads made a nice tidy job

HowardCanning
19-11-2007, 09:52
Well I drilled a hole yesterday for the cable (didn't damage much of the rendering either which was a relief) so that's one less thing for the engineer to do:). Hoping the rest of the install goes smoothly and it doesn't knock out my internet connection or something equally irritating now.. Read plenty of horror stories here :(

discoade
19-11-2007, 10:09
Check all your services before he leaves! BB TV phone etc ;)

HowardCanning
22-11-2007, 16:37
Job well done :) Engineer knew what he was doing and cabled everything up neatly. Box wasn't working when he left but he was going to ring me back 15 minuts later, then ring back at head office to re-send the activation hit, when he did that it worked nicely :) BBC HD looks stunning :)

Firefighter56
23-11-2007, 17:49
Glad all went well, I've had 4 engineers in the last month to fix my V + BOX. All they seem to do is change out then run!!. I've had 3 V+ boxes since 25/10/07 and each has been faulty.
Engineer has been today to replace the last one, but as I'm at work at the mo I don't know the out come yet. The boxes are the black ones that so many people complain about. Roll on home time.!!!!!

Firefighter56
24-11-2007, 17:45
Good news the box is working, took the bloke 2hours to get things going right.
Last ones did'nt set anything up, just plugged in rang to activate then scarpered.
Lets hope it lasts longer than the last ones.