PDA

View Full Version : Weird Install Problem.

Dante
10-11-2007, 01:02
Hi, I'll try not to bore anyone with long detailed irrelevance.

A long long time ago i tried to get NTL (as it was) to install BB at the Mother in laws, as i'm a very happy customer (who used to work for them, until they sold us, Broadcast division).

Since then, two failed installs saying they could not do it for various reasons.

I found out eventually that the reason was, they could not be bothered to run the cable round the garden etc.

I found this out from a Virgin salesman in a shopping centre who took on the challenge for me, he also told me that because i've had two failed installs the house is now blacklisted!

The salesman says he was a regional manager and when he came to see for himself, he said it would be a perfectly simple install and he cant understand why it hasn't happened. All he would need to do is update the system which would prove difficult.

This man although very helpful and enthusiastic has now stopped answering his phone and although i have cleared and drilled a cable route (including the house), every time i try and order a new install they say it's impossible.

Now i am stuck, because even if i try and order off-net ADSL the postcode checker directs me to the cable services!

I know there isn't a problem as all the neighbours are connected and i worked for them from the beginning in 1996 and helped build the fibre network (although not this particular one as it's ex Nynex).

Can anybody offer any advice please.

They also still have the M.I.L's original £20!

Thankyou in advance for all suggestions.