PDA

View Full Version : Loss of service

snazzy
08-11-2007, 15:58
For the last few nights about 6:00 my services has crawled to a standstill. It goes so slow that eventually I am unable to do even the simplest of things. Is there a problem that I am unaware of. I am on my third STB 'cos tech support keep giving me the run around. Eventually the whole BB service goes off and it starts to complain about the DHCP server when I try to use IPCONFIG.

Since my box had been update to the 4000 version I seem to get much less of that annoying several time a day disconnects, where I have to keep using IPCONFIG to get back up and running. But this is even more annoying 'cos it ends in total failure.:mad:

Mick Fisher
09-11-2007, 00:39
Can't you change to a SACM. I thought BB through STB was a thing of the past nowadays?
Maybe your service might be just the same but could be worth a try.

snazzy
09-11-2007, 09:35
I'll never use a separate modem. I have two wall sockets and a ton of gear hanging off them. I can't accommodate any more crap hanging out the back of those sockets. Besides, it's only since Virgin took over that I have even the slightest hint of a problem. Why would I want to add more electrical devices to a perfectly working service? Better if they put it back how it was before they arsed about with it. Even the TV guide only shows the next programme is instead of what's on all night. :(

I use three services and and only need the minimum of each. I don't need fancy 20mb BB. 512k did me 100% fine. At least it used to work when it was 512k. I can play my World of Warcraft and download in the back ground. Now I can't do either some nights.

Mick Fisher
09-11-2007, 15:04
Please yourself :shrug:

xspeedyx
09-11-2007, 19:16
would think a sacm would do the trick