PDA

View Full Version : who provides BB & cable tv without and using an ariel?

Lulu
07-11-2007, 10:12
Hello,

I'm not sure this is the correct forum, but i'm desperate to find an alternative to Virgin media/BB and it seems there isn't much open to me.

Basically, I live in an area of london (Hackney) that has really bad TV reception. I have an ariel, but it doesn't work very well and at the moment my reception is so bad that i don't even bother watching tv (even though i'm paying my tv liscence). I wanted to get a BB/TV/phone package through Virgin, but after wasting so much time calling them, they decided to inform me on my 9th phone call to them that they can't install their cable at my flat (even though the website says they can when i put my postcode in and most houses on my street have Virgin cable). Anyway... i don't want a satellite dish, so Sky is not an option and i phoned BT and they said that they can supply TV through the phone line, but someone has now told me that i need an ariel for that too.

Are there any options open to me that doesn't require me to have a new ariel installed on my roof???

Please if any one has any advice... I'm pulling my hair out!

altis
07-11-2007, 10:21
This might be right up your street:

http://www.homechoice.co.uk/

Lulu
07-11-2007, 10:52
Thanks!

Is that the same as Tiscali? the homechoice website doesn't seem to work, but that might be my computer?

daz300
07-11-2007, 11:01
homechoice.oc.uk is not working for me as well . site must be down

ian@huth
07-11-2007, 12:09
Tiscali and Video Networks (the parent company of Homechoice) merged sometimes last year.

Lulu
07-11-2007, 12:18
the only problem with tiscali is that i have to get a BT line installed and pay line rental for that for a year (and the tiscali deal includes free line rental - so ultimately it won't be free)... i think whatever option i take won't be straightforward and will end up costing me more than it needs to :sleep:

doesn't anyone know if the BT freeview thingy definately needs to have a good ariel to function?