PDA

View Full Version : New PS2 on the way..

Stuart
06-11-2007, 12:47
In the hype surrounding the next-gen consoles (particularly xbox 360 and PS3), it is relatively easy to forget the best selling console, the PS2.

Sony, it seems, haven't. The are launching a new PS2. The console comes in black, white or silver, is some 1mm shorter than the previous version. It is also 130g lighter, and has a built in power pack.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/11/06/sony_ps2_redesign/

zing_deleted
06-11-2007, 13:40
isnt the integral psu gonna create a heat problem

daz300
06-11-2007, 13:47
you can bet it will be full of fans to keep that cool .

Halcyon
06-11-2007, 18:15
Hmmmm, what on earth is the point in this ?
It's not like it is carried around in your bag all day so the less weight makes a difference.
Plus, anyone sticking a power supply into the machine itself is asking for problems if you ask me.
The "new" features don't seem too appealing to me.

shawty
06-11-2007, 20:09
Hmmmm, what on earth is the point in this ?

Its the biggest selling console, which is still selling good. Why not? Most likely it will be costing them less to produce to.

It's not like it is carried around in your bag all day so the less weight makes a difference.

It will do to some people. Then again, if they can get it lighter, why not?

Plus, anyone sticking a power supply into the machine itself is asking for problems if you ask me.

Why? The PS3 has an internal power pack, I dont see that having any major problems.

The "new" features don't seem too appealing to me.

The new features are probably not trying to appeal to anyone (maybe apart from an internal power supply) It will most likely be cheaper for them to develop and as its the best selling console, they decide to tell people.

Slyder
06-11-2007, 21:26
Its the biggest selling console, which is still selling good. Why not? Most likely it will be costing them less to produce to.

This is all the more reason to keep re-designing and putting the PS2 out there, cause they will never have that success again the way they are marketing the disgustingly priced PS3 :rolleyes:

Stuart
06-11-2007, 21:48
Guys, this thread is about the ps2, not the ps3.

shawty
06-11-2007, 22:01
This is all the more reason to keep re-designing and putting the PS2 out there, cause they will never have that success again the way they are marketing the disgustingly priced PS3 :rolleyes:

Firstly, Im sorry, I know this is about the PS2 and not PS3, but I mentioned it because it has an internal power supply. But one more thing to answer this reply, there is nothing wrong with what the PS3 is doing and is almost identical sales wise to the 360 launch to launch, not bad for a "discustingly priced PS3"

Anyway Im sorry, this is about the PS2.

Slyder
07-11-2007, 19:08
there is nothing wrong with what the PS3 is doing and is almost identical sales wise to the 360 launch to launch, not bad for a "discustingly priced PS3"

Errrm.. no there not, shops couldnt even give the PS3 away at lunch, where as when the 360 launched you couldnt find one at all.

Thats not identicle.. thats 2 different ends of the spectrum mate.

Stuart
07-11-2007, 19:33
Ok, you've ignored the request. Now it's a requirement.

This thread is about the PS2. Mention of any other consoles is off topic, and will be dealt with as appropriate. Stick to the topic.

dragon
07-11-2007, 19:53
Maybe they've reduced the power consumption in this new model and also put in a switched mode powersupply.

I still have my Fat ps2 under my desk although I seem to have misplaced the AV lead for it :rolleyes:

daz300
07-11-2007, 20:19
there is also if you keep remaking it you can keep the price up where if you keep with the old one over time the price must come down .

daz300

Slyder
08-11-2007, 18:55
Ok, you've ignored the request. Now it's a requirement.

This thread is about the PS2. Mention of any other consoles is off topic, and will be dealt with as appropriate. Stick to the topic.

Sorry Stu... :(

I still have my Fat ps2 under my desk although I seem to have misplaced the AV lead for it :rolleyes:

God I remember the fat PS2.. :p:

Didnt they use that reference upto v11 of the ps2... then v12 was the slimling one... or was v11 the slimline model.. i always forget. :)

Woolly One
08-11-2007, 20:10
God I remember the fat PS2..

The old style PS2 is not fat. It's just slightly chunky, however it appears to be a damm sight more reliable than 'young puppy' of the slimline version. My old 'first gen' PS2 still works fine, OK I get the odd RDE & where's the memory card. But, after a quick strip down and clean up it works fine. It's a bit like working on an old car. Clean the sparkplugs, etc and your off again.

Friends of mine have had more problems with their slimlines, than us. But fair credit to Sony for realising that their best selling console still has an awful lot of shelf-life, as opposed to their other one - whose name shall not be mentioned!!!!!!!!!!:)

Slyder
09-11-2007, 22:05
My old 'first gen' PS2 still works fine, OK I get the odd RDE & where's the memory card.

RDE ? :confused:

Stephen
10-11-2007, 04:21

Read Disc Error ??

Woolly One
10-11-2007, 12:06

Sorry - Read Disc Error - :)