PDA

View Full Version : Ipswich, where to live for cable connection?

qwqwek
05-11-2007, 23:54
Hello guys,

I am planning to move to Ipswich soon and was wondering which is a good place to live for broadband. I want to have cable connection rather than adsl (I read somewhere ipswich has only a few cable places). Ideally I will like to live near the train station.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

Cheers

peanut
06-11-2007, 00:15
I'm in Ipswich and never get anything less that 20mb at all times. (Cable that is). If that's any use to you.

And it is available round the train station area.

georgepomone
06-11-2007, 00:56
Ipswich West and Central is well wired. It changes to the far East of Ipswich which is BT land.
George.

tcbass
06-11-2007, 01:25
Welcome, I live in west Ipswich and no problems with my connection al all. :)

qwqwek
06-11-2007, 08:31
Thanks for your responses guys. It is strange, I googled for the postcode for Ranelagh road which gave me IP2 0AQ, IP2 0AN. Virgin media says this is a non-cable area!!

tcbass
06-11-2007, 19:56
There are several postcodes covering Ranelagh road, and possibly more coming soon as there is a massive new development going up on the old Compac Reva site.
The recent new set of flats (Centrum Court (Pooley's Yard), IP2 0AR) appears not to be cabled by the looks of things.

IP2 0AA, IP2 0AD, IP2 0AF, IP2 0AH are also for Ranelagh Rd and are cabled.

AndyIggs83
06-11-2007, 21:50
Please dont tell me your moving somewhere and the decision is where the internet connection is good!?

qwqwek
07-11-2007, 08:16
There are several postcodes covering Ranelagh road, and possibly more coming soon as there is a massive new development going up on the old Compac Reva site.
The recent new set of flats (Centrum Court (Pooley's Yard), IP2 0AR) appears not to be cabled by the looks of things.

IP2 0AA, IP2 0AD, IP2 0AF, IP2 0AH are also for Ranelagh Rd and are cabled.

How did you get all these postcodes? Is it possible to get a map of postcodes?

Somebody suggested that docks area has a lot of new apartments, any idea if they have cable there?

I checked some random postcodes in Ipswich region on the Virgin Media website and they said that it is an analogue area rather than a cable/non-cable area. What is that supposed to mean?

cheers

Dai
07-11-2007, 08:41
Please dont tell me your moving somewhere and the decision is where the internet connection is good!?

What else matters?

tcbass
07-11-2007, 20:53
How did you get all these postcodes? Is it possible to get a map of postcodes?

Somebody suggested that docks area has a lot of new apartments, any idea if they have cable there?

I checked some random postcodes in Ipswich region on the Virgin Media website and they said that it is an analogue area rather than a cable/non-cable area. What is that supposed to mean?

cheers

You had done the first bit by finding a Post code for Ranelagh Rd, I just went on Google map and Checked the other letters as Post codes are generally sequential geographically ans saw where they landed on the map, then checked it on VM site.

Royal mail also has a Post Code finder on line: Link (http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/postcodefinder;jsessionid=JO3OETLUUDAHSFB2IGVURWQU HRA0UQ2K?catId=400145&gear=postcode)

qwqwek
08-11-2007, 20:39
Thanks tcbass. I was able to carve out a map of the postcodes which have cable in ipswich. It is a shame that there isnt any new development in Ipswich which has cable connection!!!

tcbass
09-11-2007, 11:01
I know, It's seem silly that VM isn't a bit more proactive with new developments, as it must be one of the cheapest ways of cabling an area, when its built from scratch. Especially when it's a block of flats on a street that's already cabled (Centrum Court, Ranelagh Rd).