PDA

View Full Version : V+ and an old TV (No Scart)

dmeyer
05-11-2007, 17:54
Is it possible to install V+ with an old TV that only has an RF input? My current Telewest box works fine but I want to upgrade to V+. So far Virgin Media just say "No" but I have not yey got the impression that anyone I talk to knows what they are talking about!

Any ideas? Who shoulkd I ask to talk to? How? I do not mind not getting stereo either!

My TV cost £400 in 1986 and is still as good as ever (dammit) - Panasonic. I just cannot justify getting rid of it and buying a new one.

vmtec
05-11-2007, 17:59
Is it possible to install V+ with an old TV that only has an RF input? My current Telewest box works fine but I want to upgrade to V+. So far Virgin Media just say "No" but I have not yey got the impression that anyone I talk to knows what they are talking about!

Any ideas? Who shoulkd I ask to talk to? How? I do not mind not getting stereo either!

My TV cost £400 in 1986 and is still as good as ever (dammit) - Panasonic. I just cannot justify getting rid of it and buying a new one.

yes you can but you will ONLY get what virgin suply to the v+
as you used to get 12345 now you will only get virgin say on chnl 1 on your tv the rest will be fuzzy

spiderplant
05-11-2007, 18:01
I like your style!

Yes, the V+ has an RF output. Shouldn't be a problem at all. But you won't get stereo unless you connect up phono outputs.

dmeyer
06-11-2007, 09:36
Many thanks for these replies. I believe you, now how can I make Virgin Media believe me?

Daniel

spiderplant
06-11-2007, 12:36
You don't need to. Just order it. They don't ask what TV you've got.

dmeyer
23-11-2007, 16:33
Thanks for the help. It will be installed on Dec 21st (if they turn up.)

I have a Telewest digibox at the moment. Is it a case of swapping it for a V+ box, or is new wiring needed?

Daniel

Digi Tel
23-11-2007, 17:03
Thanks for the help. It will be installed on Dec 21st (if they turn up.)

I have a Telewest digibox at the moment. Is it a case of swapping it for a V+ box, or is new wiring needed?

Daniel

Straight swap for a V+ (you may be thinking of satellite where for technical reasons a Sky+ box requires 2 feeds from the dish - but the 3 tuners in your V+ box work off your existing single cable feed).

dmeyer
21-12-2007, 10:35
Many thanks to all.

It arrived, its plugged in and works a treat (although a little noisy).

Seasons Greetings!;)