PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Install

simcfc73b
05-11-2007, 16:40
Hi guys

I recently moved into a flat which didn't have a phone line so I looked around and plumpted for Cable, I used to have Telewest years ago and was very happy with my motorola modem.

So I booked online with all the bells and whistles and recieved an email (badly formatted with ? rather than ') saying it needs to be investigated further because its a flat or something but I know cable is in the area.

I've phoned up numerous times as I was told 10 working days which has passed and have been promised phones calls and visits but none have appeared. I noticed yesterday that it looks like my neighbour has cable installed, there's a little triangular grate outside my door with a cable running up the wall to his flat, not the best install but I think it looks like cable to me.

I have a BT install booked for the 14th but I really don't want to use BT as it will take another two weeks after that to get broadband.

I want to give Virgin my money but they don't seem bothered to take it.

Does anyone know a way to speed this up, the email mentions spotters needing to come out and look at my property. They are very nice on the phone and they answer straight away.

Slyder
08-11-2007, 19:49
Flats can be a royal pain the behind to cable as many of us have found out.

Do you know if you have any CATV slabs around near your block of flats?