PDA

View Full Version : no installation - then no communication

oniznorb
04-11-2007, 12:07
As a long time NTL customer, I am aware how difficult it can be to contact customer services, nevertheless things are generally fine as long as I don't need to talk to them. Thankfully that is not very often.

My son has now tried to get a VM package installed in his flat, and eventually after initially not recognizing the address ( even though there is an NTL telephone connection inside the flat) we arranged an intallation visit on the 31st October.

Nobody turned up ..

On contacting installations, i was initially told it had been done, but eventually it was agreed that someone would call back. Nobody did ...

The following day. my son complained and was told that his complaint would be addressed within 24 hours. Nothing happenned . .

I rang, and was told that it was actually 48 hours, but someone would definitely contact us by 2:30 on saturday. No calls ...

I called again later in the afternoon, and was given the name of a manager who would contact me that afternoon. still nothing ....

I called again today, and was advised by the indian call centre that I need to contact a premium rate number ( and I'll get the cost refunded ha ha )

I have tried the complaint s department on teh main switchboard, but not working today.

What can I do now ?

snazzy
10-11-2007, 17:23
In my opinion, if you can find a better way than VM, then do it.

oniznorb
10-11-2007, 21:05
I have now been in touch with the complaints number, and although they seem helpful, they also seem to have the same response from installations as I do. Apparently they have sent emails and left messages, but not been able to elicit a response.

I'd try elsewhere, but i'd need a bt phone line installation and in my experience, the alternatives to VM can be just as bad.

snazzy
10-11-2007, 22:45
Yeah, I was waiting for Tech Support to call back earlier, they said they'd monitor my line for four hours then call me. Well, it's now about ten hours and no call. Ask me if I'm surprised.