PDA

View Full Version : If VM upgrade 4mb to 10mb.

alferret
02-11-2007, 07:44
What options would you like to see offered to us 4meggers if VM decide to move us to 10mb.

1 month trial @ 10mb then the option to drop back to 4mb if not happy.

Given the choice to stay @ 4mb and not try 10mb at all.

Dont care?

Tried to make this a poll but for some reason the page load stalled and I wasnt able to make it into a poll. If a mod would be so kind :)

Graham M
02-11-2007, 07:51
Umm well I IMAGINE that 2MBit will be going up to 4MBit to match (that's the usual way it goes?) In which case if you're not happy with the 10MBit??? Then you could downgrade? I don't see them maintaining different service levels just to suit customers who can't receive it for various reasons.

AbyssUnderground
02-11-2007, 08:11
There is already a thread talking about 4 > 10, why bother starting another one?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33623163-4mb-increasing-to-10mb.html

alferret
02-11-2007, 12:03
There is already a thread talking about 4 > 10, why bother starting another one?

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33623163-4mb-increasing-to-10mb.html

Because initially I wanted this to be a poll but due to a slow loading site it didnt happen, as I said in my original post ^^^

Im happy if a mod wants to merge\delete this, im easy.

punky
02-11-2007, 12:10
As its an interesting question i've added a poll.

SOSAGES
02-11-2007, 12:12
could use a better question and better options to press..

Web-Junkie
02-11-2007, 14:17
I want to stay on 4mb with NO SHAPING!!

xspeedyx
02-11-2007, 14:35
shaping is here to stay no need to worry bout it just change ur downloading habits

Rich153
02-11-2007, 15:43
I voted for downgrade because I would then go for 2 for £25 and have the l tv for the same as I pay now just for 4mb.

dave6x
02-11-2007, 15:46
I voted stay because I've only just started on a 4Mb retention deal for 12mths

Web-Junkie
02-11-2007, 17:42
shaping is here to stay no need to worry bout it just change ur downloading habits

Jeez, you sound like the guy that told VM to bring in shaping then paid for it all!

Change habits, like get a night shift job so I can download when I get home about 8AM then? Not a chance!

And what about the majority of days I don't download anything over 750mb during peak hours, thus giving bandwidth back to people, then when I do have a need to go over that limit I'm punished for being considerate.

If they counted the days people didn't go over their limits and allowed them some leeway when they did, that would be fair, but a blanket cap on everyone is not fair!

bonzoe
02-11-2007, 19:08
I've voted to downgrade back to 4MB, fast enough for me & hopefully cheaper

joglynne
03-11-2007, 00:49
I'm on 2MB and was considering upgrading to 4MB.

Now I've decided to wait and see what happens before I commit myself to all the hassle of changing anything and the subsequent problems it will cause with billings. I will see what you 4MB-ers make of any upgrade to 10 MB before I chance my arm. :D

TraxData
03-11-2007, 01:09

Do you work for VM?

you must do, because you dont know what your talking about.

STM isnt a permanent measure.

alferret
03-11-2007, 11:07
As its an interesting question i've added a poll.

Thanks Gavin :tu:

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

SNIP!

STM isnt a permanent measure

Could you provide a link to a statement from VM where they have said that its either here to stay or a short term measure please Trax. The way I understand it, STM is here to stay as I have not read anything to say it isnt going to be around for long.

As for my choice I would drop back to 4mb, I'm happy with the speed, stability and I have the common sense to manage my downloads around the STM times so that my overall broadband experience isnt affected.

TraxData
03-11-2007, 14:53
Thanks Gavin :tu:

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

Could you provide a link to a statement from VM where they have said that its either here to stay or a short term measure please Trax. The way I understand it, STM is here to stay as I have not read anything to say it isnt going to be around for long.

As for my choice I would drop back to 4mb, I'm happy with the speed, stability and I have the common sense to manage my downloads around the STM times so that my overall broadband experience isnt affected.

Read their AUP, STM can be changed, or removed all together at anytime.

And anyone who works for VM knows its a short term thing, and for various reasons (cloned modems being one of them, killing them has cleared up a huge amount of bandwith).

STM wont be here forever, VM do know it isnt very competitive when they have STM, makes them just like every ADSL isp, which they know people will and have realised.

Once 50mbit is rolled out you can say bye bye to STM ;).