PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly get all nice

n0c0ntr0l
31-10-2007, 17:41
Well this morning I emailed the ISPA with a rant about my connection problems and how I only ever get shuffled between NTL and Virgin.

well guess what, just a second ago they got someone in the UK high up to ring me, jsut to say that they'll look into my problems, I finally bypassed all the tier 1 tech support. So what to take from this is that it is really worth reporting them to the ISPA if you want to sort your issues out.

bonzoe
31-10-2007, 18:10
For those like myself, who or what is ISPA?

on in an hour!
31-10-2007, 18:22
sounds like an OFCOM for internet service providers ;)

n0c0ntr0l
The ISPA are a group that help to try and uphold standards of ISP's. If your ISP is part of that group then any complaint will be swiftley dealt with because if it isn't and you complain again at some point it will lead to the bringing in of an external ajudicator that will judge the case (often leading to free internet, money back, upgrading of package, things that the ISP don't want). So it means that most companies that recieve complaints from the ISPA try to deal with the problems as quickly as possible.

EYEZ
I had someone High up in VM Call me yesterday aswell..... !! (?)
Concerning my complaint with ISPA,must say he was very polite and couldnt be more helpful.
He did explain to me that my UBR(Newt Abbott) was in Fact the Worst in the Country,and that the upgrades that were taking place would help eleviate the Problems.
I came home from Work today( Weds ) and was amazed at the improvement in Speed / General Broadband. :D :D

He also informed me he would phone me on Thursday at 5pm,which would give me some time to judge any degridation in my Services over the course of 24 hrs.

:tu: VM

on in an hour!
31-10-2007, 18:41
The ISPA are a group that help to try and uphold standards of ISP's. If your ISP is part of that group then any complaint will be swiftley dealt with because if it isn't and you complain again at some point it will lead to the bringing in of an external ajudicator that will judge the case (often leading to free internet, money back, upgrading of package, things that the ISP don't want). So it means that most companies that recieve complaints from the ISPA try to deal with the problems as quickly as possible.
thats what i said...didnt i :D :D :D

n0c0ntr0l
31-10-2007, 18:52
thats what i said...didnt i :D :D :D

I didn't know what ofcom was, I had only heard the name.

on in an hour!
31-10-2007, 18:58
was just messing m8 ;) if youre a cable customer you might find out sooner,rather than later, who OFCOM are :(

Simcut
31-10-2007, 21:27
I had someone High up in VM Call me yesterday aswell..... !! (?)
Concerning my complaint with ISPA,must say he was very polite and couldnt be more helpful.
He did explain to me that my UBR(Newt Abbott) was in Fact the Worst in the Country,and that the upgrades that were taking place would help eleviate the Problems.
I came home from Work today( Weds ) and was amazed at the improvement in Speed / General Broadband. :D :D

He also informed me he would phone me on Thursday at 5pm,which would give me some time to judge any degridation in my Services over the course of 24 hrs.

:tu: VM

Thats good news mate, I saw on the Service Status page a load of stuff about Newt Abbott. You should ask for a significant portion of your internet charges to be refunded to you, if not ALL of them! did you do that? :)

EYEZ
31-10-2007, 22:06
You should ask for a significant portion of your internet charges to be refunded to you, if not ALL of them! did you do that?

All Sorted... Refunded 37 Bucks for 2 months........ So if my sums are right,thats 2 x 37 + 6 x 25 = 224 Bucks Saved.

:) :)

croma
01-11-2007, 17:45
Just finished to fill in the form on the ISPA site, will time how long VM si going to take to call me to reslolve the speed issue on the 20mb service .:mad:

Toto
01-11-2007, 18:19
ISPA will not respond to all letters, and are less likely to do so if they think they are being used as a jumping off point for complaints, rather that being the last resort when other communication methods fail.

Remember that ISPA have no powers, there are other regulatory bodies that do.

piggy
01-11-2007, 18:30
Just finished to fill in the form on the ISPA site, will time how long VM si going to take to call me to reslolve the speed issue on the 20mb service .:mad:

in the past when ive had problems with a service (last one orange) i change provider whats the point in complaining to a toothless ombudsman ?? i know its frustrating and im not trying to make light of peoples problems but if people are not happy they need to look elsewhere most isps imo are just the same.

themelon
01-11-2007, 19:13
they need to look elsewhere most isps imo are just the same.

What the point of looking elsewhere though? Its a waste of energy.

As you say all UK ISPs are a shower at the moment.

Virgin do not maintain their network properly.........and running Broadband on 100 year old copper speaker wires dangling from a rotten pole that BT havent looked at for 50 years is a no no before it even starts!

As usual rip off Britian sucks again because most senior managers in all organisations in this country are clowns, they are happy to create jobs for the boys at the cost of maintaining the network and employing staff on the front line.