PDA

View Full Version : 4Mb -> 2Mb Change - Now NO service - Argh!

melb01
31-10-2007, 08:16
Changed from 4mb to 2mb. Breezy support man did it immediately, got off the phone AND NO SERVICE FOR 5 DAYS. Sent emails - telewest support replied (?!? ) - Im not sitting on a 090 number for hours!

Can any ex-ntlers help me ?

Cheers

Mel

RDDearing
31-10-2007, 08:29
What about calling CS? Alternatively, if you call the 090 number they should refund the cost of the call if the fault is theirs and not yours. When I had BB installed on the 20th we had to call as we never received the registration letter. Without prompt the operator told me I would be credited for the call as it was not for Technical Support. I've just had a bill and sure enough the credit is there.

melb01
31-10-2007, 08:48
Thanks for the tip. Didn't know about the refund policy. But as a ex-ntl customer I'm very wary of anything where virgin/ntl get my money first, then at their discretion I get a refund - I've been through ntl hell and back before!

I think I'll use my adsl backup line for the time being and wait a few more days for them to sort it out.

Thanks again

RDDearing
31-10-2007, 08:57
No worries - I'm also an ex-NTL customer (we were NTL in our old place) and know what you mean but this seems to be something VirginMedia are doing right - although they still have a long way to go (see long whiny post from me about my recent installation!)

Magilla
31-10-2007, 10:26
Changed from 4mb to 2mb. Breezy support man did it immediately, got off the phone AND NO SERVICE FOR 5 DAYS. Sent emails - telewest support replied (?!? ) - Im not sitting on a 090 number for hours!

Can any ex-ntlers help me ?

Cheers

Mel

Exactly the same happened to me, not a mention of the service stopping the second you hang up the phone.

Only to be expected with service this ****.

melb01
02-11-2007, 19:29
One week still no service - 2 emails unanswered !!

So, tried the nuclear option today.

Rang the 0845 number and took the 'cancel services' options. After 15 minutes got through. I said "I'm cancelling and reason is no service" to a guy who said "You have no service, because the previous guy did the 4mb to 2 mb change incorrectly". Good grief, they can speak plain factual English - I nearly fell off my chair!! And, I can have the 2mb service for £10pm.

Still don't have any service just yet, another man has to do another job. But, I'm getting closer.....

Moral is "go nuclear" - it might work, I'll see soon......

melb01
06-11-2007, 21:58
Ten days and still no service!!

Nuclear option - "Disconnect me please" doesn't work.

Second customer support man, who seemed to know what he was talking about, failed miserably.

Calling the dreaded, dreadful Customer Services yet again tomorrow..... On and On and On we go..... Virgin Hell is exactly the same as ntl Hell.....