PDA

View Full Version : Free Voicemail

SideShowBob
26-10-2007, 15:11
Recently moved house and took cable services with me.

Phoned to activate my free voicemail service, woman said that service was already active, but I explained that when I call 1571 I get the welcome to virgin voicemail message and then sorry this line is not configured for voicemail. She apologised and said she would sort it out, wait 24 hours and try again.

24 hours later I try and get same thing, call again, again am told it is already active, wait 24 hours and try again.

24 hours later I try and get same thing, call again, find that I have been put on the paid voicemail service, explain I only want the free one. Told that they will sort it out, wait 24 hours and try again.

24 hours go by (Can you see where this story is heading?) and guess what? NO VOICEMAIL!!!!

I call 151 to log a fault, guy checks my line (Clever that they can do that all the way from India) and am told that he will have to escalate this up the food chain. I should sit tight and expect a call within 3 WORKING DAYS.

I work from home and rely on my telephone for business and the voicemail service to answer my calls when I am out and about.

But once again VM do not seem to care about their exisitng customer base.

J 13uddy
26-10-2007, 15:36
Your VMS (VOICEMAIL) is not correctly provisioned on the telephone switch..if your line has been passed on then they will provision it for you and call you back to confirm its been done..

SideShowBob
26-10-2007, 15:58
Any idea how long this takes?

J 13uddy
26-10-2007, 16:03
max 72hrs..do u know what happens when ppl call u? do they get any message? or does your line ring and ring ?

SideShowBob
26-10-2007, 16:17
I phoned our number from my mobile.

After 5 rings as usual it gets diverted to the voicemail.

I get the introductory message 'Welcome to voicemail etc' Then I get something along the lines of 'You have entered the voicemail system, there is no voicemail service available on this number.' or something of that nature.

J 13uddy
26-10-2007, 16:20
yes as i thought..its a telephone provisioning issue..

SideShowBob
26-10-2007, 16:31
That's the frustrating thing, if they had said 'Well it's a provisioning issue, we need to check this and that and it will take up to 72 hours' then I would have been a little happier thinking that they knew what they were talking about and were going to fix it, instead of the 'I am going to have to escalate it to someone more technical, get back to you in 3 working days'.

I wonder if Virgin has any Service Level Agreements in place, if not then maybe they should.

I work in IT and have done telephone support in the past so I appreciate difficult it can be. The most complaints we received from people were due to lack of information and poor communication, things that VM excel at.

confucious
23-11-2007, 23:42
How do I turn voicemail off? It's on my new line and I don't want it (I have an answerphone)

dave_dph
24-11-2007, 08:11
How do I turn voicemail off? It's on my new line and I don't want it (I have an answerphone)

Call customer services on 150