PDA

View Full Version : account in blackhole??!

Ezbeans'
26-10-2007, 09:45
morning all,
well im not one to rant honest! but last night was the most retarded night i'v ever witnessed in my life, hopefully some of u will get entertainment from this lol.
so, my internet got cut off yesterday due to me not paying the bill on time :P
so i ring up 08454541111 option through to billing and pay my bill! i get put through to india and what must be the most unhappiest women i have ever spoken to :D, now i dont have my account number haven't had it for over a year because they wont give it out over the phone, and i dont get bills/letters for my internet account (ntl) so i give the lady my address and she finds me and we pay the bill yay! she says 20mins should be back online, cool! 2hrs later still nothing, ok nps i'll just ring them back see whats going on......
so back to billing... i get through to india again, to a woman who sounds like she really is thousands of miles away and crackling too, i explain i dont have account number and give her my address, she puts me on hold for along while, while she searches the data base, she comes back and says i cant find u, i explain that i often have this prob and its something to do with them getting my address wrong last year but is corrected now, so back on hold for quite some time, and she come back saying i cant find u sir, 'what is the problem' i already told her what the prob was @ the beginning of the convo, but anyway i told her again, payed bill/reconnect blah blah, she yes sir this is a technical support problem u need to ring tech support, and fobbed me off with that, so i ring tech support after 40mins of ringing and re'ringing still no answer! so i go back too billing!! yay, i get put through to a nice lady from telewest??! i explain everything all over again, ok sir give me ur account number!! ahhhh i dont have it u wont give it to me!!.. anyway she trys to search for my address nothing... something to do with my ntl account being ntl and shes telewest??? wtf, so she said she will divert my call to a ntl customer service dept. i press option 1 for ntl customers, get put through to someone, and i explain again whats going on or whats not going on in my case :D 'ok sir give me ur account number' lol so i give her my address ect i get put on hold while she searches the db, a while later 'sir i can not find u are u a ntl customer?' yes i am, u need to talk to an ntl customer service dpt? 'i will divert the call'
lol ok then... next guy i speak to i say stright away is this ntl?? 'no sir i will divert the call' but thats already been done i explain, 'it must be bouncing back to us because there very busy, i will try again for you' finaly i get to someone who can access my account(ntl), explained everything again to them, 'can i take to account number?' lol. i give them my address and the great search begins after a while she gets back to me and says, 'sir u are not in a cabled area' oh maybe thats why its so hard to find me.. we have a dpt that deals with this please ring blah blah blah, so i ring it and omg it's the sales number for virgins adsl bb, wait. what? i have an account already, why sell me more?? lol so i hang up the phone and go back into the darkest place on the planet the BILLING SYSTEM india style, after 2 diverts i get to an ntl dpt thank god and we find my account which took awhile yet again, and he said this was stopped buy customer credit? and even though u have payed the bill we CAN NOT reconnect you, ONLY customer credit can heres there number 0800........ and guess what by the time i had finished on the phone with india virgin/telewest/ntl/tech support, the line was closed lmao, closed @ 830pm but i started ringing VM @ 630pm!!
so ok i will ring them in the morning to get this fixed, come into my front room this morning to find that its all back online wtf, i thought i needed to speak to customer credit. wow what the hell just happend to me??, i dont have a phoneline here so this was ALL done via 2 moble phones as myn went flat after an hour, why did'nt they just say give it a while /12 hrs and it will be back on? i would of been fine with that and would of saved so much money in calls. this may of been a one off or what ever, i dont really care now as its all back on.

how do i get my account number?? i think this will help when they try to find me, i DO NOT get any billing from ntl/VM no bill no invoice nothing, i'v been told by india that its something to do with the offer when i sighed up, an online only offer, they said thats why my bb is cheaper £26pm bbXL

and was'nt all the accounts merged into VM accounts?

Ez

Graham M
26-10-2007, 09:46
Buy the man some paragraphs please!

lsproc
26-10-2007, 09:51
The billing systems should be merged by now.

Anyway, call up Billing and ask if they can mail you your account number. If not, sign up for EBilling and you should be given a new number.

Or even still, sign up for Direct Debit, its cheaper :D

Ezbeans'
26-10-2007, 09:55
The billing systems should be merged by now.

Anyway, call up Billing and ask if they can mail you your account number. If not, sign up for EBilling and you should be given a new number.

Or even still, sign up for Direct Debit, its cheaper :D

ok well i'll look into that ebilling sounds good :) thnx

lol sorry about that it was all done in a frantic type session i m over it now :D

lsproc
26-10-2007, 10:01
You also get 50p off per month :D

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/ebill.php?category=portal&app=ebill << save you clicks :)

Ezbeans'
26-10-2007, 10:17
You also get 50p off per month :D

http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/ebill.php?category=portal&app=ebill << save you clicks :)

to get that i need my account number.

lsproc
26-10-2007, 10:21
So they cant give it you over the phone, yet you can give it them over the internet...

Anyway, see if you have your Welcome Pack, or Welcome Letter, might be with your setup cd. It should be on there. If not, give them a call, they should be able to mail it out to you.

Ezbeans'
26-10-2007, 10:27
So they cant give it you over the phone, yet you can give it them over the internet...

Anyway, see if you have your Welcome Pack, or Welcome Letter, might be with your setup cd. It should be on there. If not, give them a call, they should be able to mail it out to you.

yep thats what i guess i must do, but gonna leave it till next months phone bill :P

wtaylor82
26-10-2007, 13:53

and a grammer & spell checker

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Do you have internet banking and pay by direct debit? if so go online and get the transaction details. The reference number is your account number.

v0id
26-10-2007, 14:41
You say you were late paying your bill, then they should have sent you a "pay us within 7 days" letter which has your account number on :/

Mick Fisher
26-10-2007, 15:45
Has this poor chap fallen foul of a new fiendish VM ploy devised to punish late payers called the "chinese telephone bounce torture". :)

slowcoach
26-10-2007, 21:54
Sounds like business as usual to me. :monkey:

Tazfan
27-10-2007, 00:22
and a grammer & spell checker

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Do you have internet banking and pay by direct debit? if so go online and get the transaction details. The reference number is your account number.

Not being picky or pedantic or anything, but did you happen to mean Grammar?
Your post proves that not everybody is a professor of the English Language, even when they think they are. Also, sentances begin with a capital letter.
So what if the guy can’t spell correctly and doesn’t use correct spacing etc. We can all read what he said, so why moan about it?
Some people!!! :angel:

bigdavep
27-10-2007, 10:32
sentances begin with a capital letter.

???? You surely mean sentences

Tazfan
27-10-2007, 11:27
???? You surely mean sentences

Its a waste of time me saying it was a deliberate mistake to prove a point I suppose.
Well spotted though :tu:

xspeedyx
27-10-2007, 11:46
lol these threads kill me, when soemone makes a spelling mistake someone picks up on it lol

bigdavep
27-10-2007, 14:39
yeah me to