PDA

View Full Version : Boiler parts : Urgently needed

Mike
24-10-2007, 18:39
Hi all

I really hope some one can help on this it would be really great..........

I have a Thorn Olympic Boiler 38/50B which has just been shut down during a service. Two problems...the pilot injector and ignition need replacing and it was suggested I need a new boiler which I can not afford.

I was hoping that maybe someone might know where I could get those parts from and hopefully have the boiler repaired.

Any ideas or suggestion gratefully received.:)

Many thanks

Mike

jkat
24-10-2007, 20:22
dont know if u have tried this forum at screwfix but they are usually helpful. good luck.

http://www.screwfix.com/talk/forum.jspa?forumID=25

Vlad_Dracul
24-10-2007, 21:31
Hi all

I really hope some one can help on this it would be really great..........

I have a Thorn Olympic Boiler 38/50B which has just been shut down during a service. Two problems...the pilot injector and ignition need replacing and it was suggested I need a new boiler which I can not afford.

I was hoping that maybe someone might know where I could get those parts from and hopefully have the boiler repaired.

Any ideas or suggestion gratefully received.:)

Many thanks

Mike
Mike,the boiler is a bit of an oldie but its not a hopeless case. Just google for boiler spares or heating spares. To identify the boiler you should ideally have the make,model and GC number of the appliance. This information can often be found on a label or badge on the boiler. From memory i think yours is wall mounted and there is a pull off tray at the bottom?

Mike
25-10-2007, 12:51
Mike,the boiler is a bit of an oldie but its not a hopeless case. Just google for boiler spares or heating spares. To identify the boiler you should ideally have the make,model and GC number of the appliance. This information can often be found on a label or badge on the boiler. From memory i think yours is wall mounted and there is a pull off tray at the bottom?

The boiler is wall mounted and does have a tray at the bottom.:)

The report sheet states faulty ejector and ignition unit........are these two separate things and is the electro separate as well ?

Reason being is I think I have founds prices for each of these

http://www.heating-parts.co.uk/ProductByGroup.asp?PrGrp=64

Thanks

Mike

Vlad_Dracul
26-10-2007, 21:11
The boiler is wall mounted and does have a tray at the bottom.:)

The report sheet states faulty ejector and ignition unit........are these two separate things and is the electro separate as well ?

Reason being is I think I have founds prices for each of these

http://www.heating-parts.co.uk/ProductByGroup.asp?PrGrp=64

Thanks

Mike

from memory (so dont quote me !) the pilot burner is made up of two parts,theinjector and the burner head. The spark electrode is bracketed alongside it and the spark generator is linked to the electrode with a piece of plastic covered wire/ You would be better off actully ringing the boiler parts company and ordering on the phone as parts men on the desks have a wealth of experience and can be very helpfull. Before ringing,try and not down as much info about the make,model ,serial number,whatever so that you can quote it.

Partsmen often have access to parts catalogues,microfiche etc which are of help. This media often has exploded diagrams,descriptions