PDA

View Full Version : BB disconnected by Virgin, how long to reconnect me?

karlos00
24-10-2007, 10:50
Hi all,

Well I've been a happy NTL/Virgin customer since 1998, rarely things have gone wrong, but when they have, been dealt with pretty well. Infact I'm probably one of the lucky ones when an engineer has only failed to turn up on 3 occasions.;)

However, my experience this week has certainly damaged my opinion of Virgin's customer service.

Here's my story..

Ever since day one I have had separate bills for each of my services, 1 for TV, 1 for phone and 1 for BB. Always an interesting phone call when they bill me incorrectly or there is a fault, for example, an engineer turned up with a phone testing kit for my TV outtage as it was logged onto the wrong account.

I like many people, were looking forward to a combined bill when the recent migration was completed. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I was billed £18 for my BB, £11 for my phone and a whopping £36 for my TV instead of the usual £1.25. (Yes, I got a bill every month for £1.25, I let them off the 25p overcharge..;))

So, I phoned up CS and got through to a rep who clearly didn't understand my point and all he could say that I was billed correctly on my TV account as it was £20.50 for one month and the rest for a partial month.
He eventually gave up and transferred (without telling me) me to a lovely lady in Scotland who did take the time to listen and after checking with a colleague informed me that she couldn't help as the system would not allow her to add the necessary discount to make it the 3 for £30 deal. She passed me through to retentions as this was the department who could help and after waiting 40 minutes, the rep was surprised that I had slipped through the system with this problem. He couldn't help with a set discount but kindly cleared my TV account (I'd have paid the £1.25 no problem!) and forwarded on my details to the department who look after merging multiple accounts into 1. I expressed my concern about the possibility of being cut off and he assured that I would not.

I arrived home on Monday to find no BB connection. There was no ready light iluminated. It's after CS are closed so I do not do anything as sure as eggs is eggs, I have been disconnected.

I phoned up immediately on Tuesday morning before work and spoke to a rep and he assured me that the merger had gone through successfully and everything was fine on my account. He advised me to call TS.

I got back from work and called TS. The advisor informed me that if the ready light is off, there are only two reasons, either the area is down or I have been disconnected. She looked at my details and confirmed that on Monday I was disconnected. :rolleyes: I asked her if she could credit my account for the cost of the call as none of this was my fault and I had been advised by CS to call TS. She told me that she couldn't and to talk to CS. She gave me the call reference number.

Back to CS, I explained the problem yet again, and after 5 minutes she found that I was disconnected but the merged account wasn't reconnected. I made my frustration clear as I could not understand why a) this has happened and b) why the person I spoke to in the morning couldn't tell me what she had and c) most importantly, why was I disconnected in the first place. She said that she understood my frustration but she couldn't help with reconnections and would send an email to "two guys, who are really good at their job" who would be able to help and I'ld be up and running definately in 24 hours.

I finally explained the issue with the TS call and she was surprised that they didn't credit the call back there and then and expressed surprise when I said that the rep had told me that she couldn't. I asked if she can and she asked how long I was on, I said maybe 10 minutes but I have the reference number that surely would hold such detail. That doesn't help apparently, and she recommended that I call back later in the week when the call is shown on my bill to get a credit on my account. Again, different answers from the same company.

So now, I'm sitting at work, waiting for 4pm to call CS and ask them to look to see if my BB has now been reconnected so at least if it isn't, there might be someone still working who can help before they leave for the night.

Thanks to anyone who actually read this as I've used it so say, "sorry guys, I thought you were over-reacting when I read all the nightmare stories"
I am currently in that boat and I am wondering where the life-jackets are!

sstainer
24-10-2007, 11:24
well CS close at 10pm and TS about similar if not later time 11pm+ ?
but agree you sure have had a fair share of problems i would firstly write a nicely worded letter to virgin send it to their address think its swansea best bet or maybe the HQ @ hook near fleet hampshire be assertive but not nasty even though you probable want to wring some necks?? good luck also try maybe the virgin support newsgroup

karlos00
24-10-2007, 13:44
Thanks for your reply!

Well the latest news is that they do not what went wrong and the CS agent I spoke to referred it to two experts who both came up blank. She has now emailed a boss higher up to see if she knows what can be done. I should be contacted in a few days!! :shocked: I am dumbstruck, all I want is to be switched back on!
I am an on-the-road consultant who depends on dealing with emails when I get back home from a day's consulting/training. I am fortunate today as the customer has a wireless network and has given me access to read emails and use the internet. Most customers do not or can not. I've already had a verbal warning from my boss to sort this out as customers have had to wait 2-3 for a reply to their queries. God knows what he'll say that it's going to take days to work out why I was disconnected during a routine merge of accounts and then to reconnect me. I know what he'll say "What about all the adverts I see about adding 20Mb BB to existing packages?, does it take days to switch them on?" "Get a BT line in now!" Anybody know of any jobs going?:(
Virgin seem to be ok when all is fine and dandy but whatever customer support process that they have in place fails them miserably when a proper issue arises which cannot be solved with a reboot and only a select few guru's know what to do. What will happen when those guru's leave? :erm:

UncleBooBoo
24-10-2007, 13:54
Just go to the cab and re-connect your cable!

It's a 2 second job and I have done it twice myself when I had been disconnected even though I was at the time a paying customer! :erm:

zc1
24-10-2007, 13:55
Removed

Mr Clean
24-10-2007, 14:12
I am an on-the-road consultant who depends on dealing with emails when I get back home from a day's consulting/training. I am fortunate today as the customer has a wireless network and has given me access to read emails and use the internet. Most customers do not or can not. I've already had a verbal warning from my boss to sort this out as customers have had to wait 2-3 for a reply to their queries. God knows what he'll say that it's going to take days to work out why I was disconnected during a routine merge of accounts and then to reconnect me. I know what he'll say "What about all the adverts I see about adding 20Mb BB to existing packages?, does it take days to switch them on?" "Get a BT line in now!" Anybody know of any jobs going?:(

Don't tell anyone at VM that you need your connection for work if you only have a residential connection. That's breach of TOC.

As for your boss, tell him to stuff his warning mate, unless he's paying for the internet service. If an employer expects you to use your own personal residential connection for work and moan at you when you have a few troubles he wants a good slap. Thats taking the michael IMO.

Chris
24-10-2007, 14:33
Wow, only three engineer no-shows. They must be improving. :rolleyes:

Welcome to NTHellworld, Karlos. It's nice to see that despite the new name and the new image, Virgin Media is still living up to its heritage (or living down to it) and perpetrating the kind of routine, professional incompetence that caused this forum to be established in the first place.

We do have contacts within the company who have been successful in the past at getting things fixed when the regular CS process has turned to blancmange. If you would like me to try to get them involved I'll need your 'real world' name and contact details, plus your account number - send them to me by Private Message, don't post them on the forum!

karlos00
24-10-2007, 14:57
Thanks for the offer! PM sent.

sstainer
24-10-2007, 15:33
i really hope you get it sorted karlos and get something back in compensation of being passed from one dept to another

karlos00
24-10-2007, 16:30
Hi,

About to leave now to go to a non-web home! Well it would be nice to get some compensation, but all I want is a service that works and I get billed correctly! As I alluded to in my first post, the BB service has been rock solid for years since the days of 1Mb for £50pm, except when the original 120 modem blew up a couple of years ago. At the moment, I wish I'd kept my mouth shut and not mentioned about being incorrectly billed for TV, that way, I'd be paying an extra £19.50 a month but at least I would still be online. :shrug:

Fingers crossed that something may be done tomorrow or the customer has wireless!

dreadnaught
25-10-2007, 21:18
took me 15 days to get my connection and both email accounts back (minus the messages of course). need a modem upgrade now as mine can't handle it :-)

karlos00
26-10-2007, 16:55
The saga continues!

I received a letter yesterday welcoming me to my new service and a new 12 month contract.:shocked:

I called up CS this morning and made it clear to CS that if I wished to cancel all services and get ADSL next month, I didn't want them to tell me that I couldn't because I just had a new contract.:rolleyes:

The CS pushed me through to disconnections and a rep named Mark.

Well, Mark was a star and probably did the best job so far of finding out what has gone wrong and he has contacted someone who may be able to help and has promised a call back tomorrow morning at 10am, fingers crossed!

He also sorted out the TS call credit on my account. So thank you Mark if you read this, hopefully some progress can be made!

karlos00
26-10-2007, 21:24
Well, well, well..

Come back from a few beers and what do I see, a ready light staring solidly at me..:D

Mark, I hope you still call tomorrow because I want to thank you personally for a great job. Obviously, there was a "man in the know" who weaved his magic but you put yourself out considering that you are based in cancellations and it probably wasn't your area to care less about me or my issues and it took less than a day to resolve it.:nworthy:

It goes to prove that calling CS is a lottery and perhaps if I hadn't mentioned the "C" word, I would not have been through to Mark and I wouldn't be on the net as of now.

Not that I would condone threatening to cancel just so you can get some excellent support. :p:

Let's hope it's another 9 years b4 I have to go through CS again!
Can't wait to see my all-in-one-bill..;)

Mick Fisher
26-10-2007, 22:29
It is a sorry state of affairs that you have to threaten to cancel before anyone pays any attention.
Years ago cancellations were only accepted in writing so even this avenue was denied to the frustrated sub.

I guess in this respect CS has advanced a tiny bit. Not bad going in the many many years since cable got going.