PDA

View Full Version : VM change STB broadband provisioning system

punky
22-10-2007, 21:58
I am absolutely seething at this, but hopefully this post will save a premium-rate call to a barely-understandable Indian script reader.

Basically VM have now changed their provisioning system so the password has now become a passcode. The default is 1234.

I was bumped offline due to a provisioning fault, but been kept offline all day because noone at VM thought I might like to know they changed the system. Of course, they only tell me after I have to ring up India for a second time to unlock my PID after entering what was the correct password. And they had the cheek to try and deny me a refund on the call. I thoroughly expect to still be charged for both calls.

:afire:

sprattgraham
22-10-2007, 22:01
Tech was telling me today because the billing system being updated they can't even activate a STB using Laptops anymore they have to call it in when they get a chance.

Mr Angry
22-10-2007, 22:06
I am absolutely seething at this, but hopefully this post will save a premium-rate call to a barely-understandable Indian script reader.

Basically VM have now changed their provisioning system so the password has now become a passcode. The default is 1234.

I was bumped offline due to a provisioning fault, but been kept offline because noone at VM thought I might like to know they changed the system. Of course, they only tell me after I have to ring up India for a second time to unlock my PID after entering what was the correct password. And they had the cheek to try and deny me a refund on the call. I thoroughly expect to still be charged for both calls.

That is, undoubtedly, absolutely outrageous!!*

*But, what does it mean in Angry speak?

Maggy
22-10-2007, 22:07
I am absolutely seething at this, but hopefully this post will save a call to a barely-understandable Indian script reader.

I was bumped offline due to a provisioning fault, but been kept offline because noone at VM thought I might like to know they changed the system. Of course, they only tell me after I have to ring up India for a second time to unlock my PID after entering what was the correct password. And they had the cheek to try and deny me a refund on the call. I thoroughly expect to be charged for both calls.

Ahhh! That explains the hassle my son and I had when the last STB had to be exchanged for a new STB and we couldn't get the BB up and running.It wasn't recognising the PID code.When I finally got through to someone they casually told me I was entering the wrong password and that it was 1234.I thought that the last time I had done this I had changed the password but now I realise it wasn't my forgetfulness at all.:rolleyes:

Anyway when I got the bill I did phone up and say I didn't think it was right that I pay £15.00 for phone calls that were to put right what wasn't my fault and they agreed to refund me.So do challenge it.

punky
22-10-2007, 22:15
Ahhh! That explains the hassle my son and I had when the last STB had to be exchanged for a new STB and we couldn't get the BB up and running.It wasn't recognising the PID code.When I finally got through to someone they casually told me I was entering the wrong password and that it was 1234.I thought that the last time I had done this I had changed the password but now I realise it wasn't my forgetfulness at all.:rolleyes:

Anyway when I got the bill I did phone up and say I didn't think it was right that I pay £15.00 for phone calls that were to put right what wasn't my fault and they agreed to refund me.So do challenge it.

I have, and so now I nervously await the next bill.

Also, I asked to change the passcode back to the original password, but they wouldn't allow it, saying it has to be a 4 digit number now. So its a complete change of policy.

Cobbydaler
22-10-2007, 22:24
I have, and so now I nervously await the next bill.

Also, I asked to change the passcode back to the original password, but they wouldn't allow it, saying it has to be a 4 letter number now. So its a complete change of policy.

Would that be XXIV then?

Senatus Populusque Romanus... :erm: ;)