PDA

View Full Version : No Server Connection ~ any advice?

Kingrichie
22-10-2007, 12:15
I am having problems with my broadband internet with virgin media.

Dispite a number of attempts by virgin to send a "connection form" I still have no access to the world wide web.

I have been passed several times from customer services (CS) to techinal support(TS) and vise versa. CS say it is a technical issue and TS say it is a customer service issue.

I am at my wits end and would really appreciate any help or advise people could give me on this problem.

Details of my problem are..
When I have the modem on and connected to my PC, 2 lights come on ENET SYNC POWER. The ready light does not come on.

Could those who require help please answer the following questions:

b) How long has this issue been going on? (days, weeks, months etc)
Since the 13th of October 2007.

2) Do you have cable TV? If so, is there any reception degradation?
Yes, but I have no problem with my TV

3) Have you contacted customer support about this problem? If so, what did they say?
See above comment about TS and TS

4) What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve this problem? (aka: if you haven't tried to help yourself, why should *we* help you?)
Done all the usual, turn it off turn in on. Call TS and CS

5 Who you are and what you have
a) Where in the country are you? Wales /UK CF24 2NH

Was previously with NTL.

I am not the most technical person in the world but I am no fool, so if you need more info I will be more than happy to help you to help me.

Many Thanks

MovedGoalPosts
22-10-2007, 12:39
If the ready light doesn't come on there is something wrong with the Virgin Media setup. Why aren't they sending an engineer out to check signals and stuff?

NB your duplicate thread on this has been deleted.