PDA

View Full Version : Install Hell! - Day 4 - Help pls

jp1983
19-10-2007, 12:07
Here the email Ive sent to Virgin Media - Wonder how long before I get a reply!

First off see the pics here:
http://creativeresponse.co.uk/vm/17102007100.jpg
http://creativeresponse.co.uk/vm/17102007102.jpg
http://creativeresponse.co.uk/vm/17102007104.jpg
http://creativeresponse.co.uk/vm/17102007107.jpg
http://creativeresponse.co.uk/vm/17102007109.jpg

Diary of Events - Virgin Media Install Complaint.

Tuesday 16th - 12.30pm

First engineer arrives to realise a fault with the cable - TV was working but no return path hence no broadband, No phone service.

He attempts to pull up the green pipe which contains the cable down my garden - No fault found.

It was agreed that he could run a tempory cable from the street to the property in order to attempt to gain some level of service. Sadly this did not work.

The engineer then recieved a call saying that 'someone had run into the back of his wifes car' and at the point all efferts stopped and he left - Leaving us with no service BUT advices a crew would arrive the next day to 'repull' the cable (First Lie)

As I know what im doing with these kind of things I hooked up the Coax he had left in the middle of my garden to the STB and Modem via a filter - TV and Broadband working but with very high signal levels, Sadly the phone still dead.

Wednesday 17th - Midday

Expecting that the engineer to have called in the work required from the day before, I call customer services to be informed they have no knowledge of a failed install.

The advisor informed me she can book in a 'repull' but this would be on the 24th Oct. With the state that everything had been left in, and the lack of phone service, I found this was unacceptable and requested a manager - Sadly the line went dead and I had to leave the house for a while.

Wednesday 17th - 6.30pm

Installations Crew arrive but advise it is too dark to do that work. This was understandable but the engineer guarenteed a call back on Thurday and a guarentee of the work to be carried out be completed by Friday.(Second Lie)

Thursday 18th

No Call is recieved - I take it on good will and leave it for the day, expecting a call friday morning.

Friday 19th - 11am

No Call is recieved - Time to call customer services.

CS advise me there is no record of the engineer crew visiting on wednesday and that the 24th is the earliest date. I once again go over everything that has happened and ask for a manager as this is not acceptable. Not only is the way things have been left unsafe, but as of yet services are not been delivered.

As of this time I am waiting for a manager to call me back with an arragement for the works to be completed.

Concolusion

I do not think that Virgin Media realise how poor this level of service is. You appear to be more intrested in 'Half connecting' a customer then leaving them to deal with the rest If everything had of been completed by now - as promised, we would have placed an order for not only your V+ Service along side a Stand V Box, but also a Virgin Mobile package aswell. Your lose!

With experience of a repull from the NTL days, and having technical knowledge myself, I know the work would take no more than 30minutes and I even offered to help a one man crew. I feel it fair to make you aware that untill FULL service is recieved, I do NOT agree that the contract (or in the words of virgin, The Legal Stuff) has started and therefor will not be paying for service untill this date.

Any Advice please ?

sprattgraham
19-10-2007, 14:50
Contact Virgin Media on the number at the top of this page, and ask for Complaints they do get stuff fixed.

http://investors.virginmedia.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=135485&p=irol-contact (http://investors.virginmedia.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=135485&p=irol-contact)

sollp
19-10-2007, 15:01
Well i've seen some bad install's and i often scratch my head wondering why they have done what they have done, but that install in your photo's must go down as number 1 in my small book.

That is terrible, no excuse at all, the install supervisor/area manager, should get this sorted immediately. Unfortunately it's again poor installation by the installer's,poor training, lack of QC by installations/Virginmedia, poor quality of people recruited to do installations, lack of quality time to do install, lack of proper test equipment and if they have it, little knowledge in how to use it.

Again lack of communication between contractor and Virginmedia. One day they will eventually get the contractors to do the job properly, unfortunately cases like this will continue to appear.

I take it you'll be sending these pic's with your complaint. Keep complaing to everyone, don't give in.

jp1983
19-10-2007, 16:43
CHeers for the number - Amazing, an hour later and I had a complete reinstall!

My hand has to go out to the 2 guys who came and put this disaster right - Perfect job, great attitude. Everything was checked before they left and a direct number to them just incase! Well done guys!

gaffer_gump
19-10-2007, 17:30

My hand has to go out to the 2 guys who came and put this disaster right - Perfect job, great attitude. Everything was checked before they left and a direct number to them just incase! Well done guys!

Nice one, just a shame it wasn't done first time, hopefully someone will be held accountable and the first techys misses is ok :D

Welcome to the forum btw :welcome: , hope you stick around and have no more hassle.

Sirius
19-10-2007, 18:04
That had to have been done by a complete and utter numpty
(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=numpty)Option 2 on the link ;)

sprattgraham
19-10-2007, 19:08

Did the person in Complaints arrange that?

jp1983
20-10-2007, 00:20
Hi yea the complaints dept delt with this - I gave them a link to the photos and they agreed was not only unsafe but a disgrace to VM's contractors. I hope the guy who did the first install gets whats coming to be honest. (Sorry but its not fair on either VM or the customer)

Back to gaffer_gump - Yes ill be around! Have a good knowledge of the cable network in my area (Manchester) and happy to help others wherre i can. Anyone with broadband performance issues that could be local (as in local PC) feel free to contact me as this is my area!

jp1983
24-10-2007, 15:06
Well after the repull sorting everything out - now the TV jumps around like its had one too many and broadband never goes over about 5meg (On XL) - Guess what, VM are not intrested. Ive tried and tried to get someone out but no joy - 6/7 calls to the 25p min tech support.... Im so close to telling them to come get there gear out.

MovedGoalPosts
24-10-2007, 15:39
Target TV faults rather than the broadband (at least that call is free). A frequently jumping picture would suggest the signal strength is wrong. If they check that while they are on site, they can check the broadband strength too.

Slow speeds on broadband will frequently relate to factors not fixable by an engineer visit such as oversubscription locally, or maybe something in your own PC(s) setup. Plenty of threads on that sort of thing elsewhere on Cable Forum.

jp1983
24-10-2007, 15:46
Thanks for the reply Rob.

Sadly I have already gone down the TV faults route with no resolve. I have checked the TV signals in the pre-boot diag screen and same on the modem (192.168.100.1)

Looks like the downstream is all over the place (normally < 30dB) and upstream power at around 60dBmV - This seams to change at diffrent times of day.

I just dont understand how all of a suddern my complaint regarding this issue from the start just appears to 'go away' just because they have done the repull.

Its small things like not even getting an offer of compensation for the initial disaster

PS When the repull was done - turns out it wasnt even needed . The guy didnt Mux or Cab the Phone, BB and TV was an internal wiring fault :-) Oh I love it!

sprattgraham
24-10-2007, 23:34
Is Head Office not being any help

jp1983
25-10-2007, 10:52
Hi

Finally got a call from the Chairmans office today - They couldnt agree more that this is a really bad introduction to VM services.

Engineer booked for tomorrow and a free month in way of an apologie - Im happy with that ;)

As they say - cut out the monkey and speak to the organgrinder!

sollp
25-10-2007, 22:13
Hi

Finally got a call from the Chairmans office today - They couldnt agree more that this is a really bad introduction to VM services.

Engineer booked for tomorrow and a free month in way of an apologie - Im happy with that ;)

As they say - cut out the monkey and speak to the organgrinder!

Good.