PDA

View Full Version : Notification of Install date?

Idris
18-10-2007, 17:45
Is there a clear method of contacting Virgin Media about an installation date and how long should it take between signing up and receiving this notification?

My sign up was through a sales rep just over 3 weeks ago. I've heard nothing back about an install date since despite receiving a letter with a pin number and Virgin Media taking the £25 installation fee from my account.

As things stand it's proving very difficult to get a clear answer about when the installation date is. The connection was done through a sales rep (a guy came around and took down the details about the cable package that was required and bank details) who stated that the install date should be given a few days later. He seems lost as to why I have not gotten the install date and hasn't managed to provide me with it when it is despite promising to look into it a few times over the past week.

I've attempted to talk to the generic VM support on the phone but they were unable to provide insight. The connection is a special offer, the flat where I'm staying is shared between 3 people so the option of 3 separate 2MB connections was opted for. I signed up a week later than the 2 others (who have successfully gotten an installation), however the presence of them as account holders appears to conflict with the support system being run by VM (so my call to support ended in me being told that there was already an account holder at the address I was giving therefore my installation was physically impossible and was redirected to billing to get my installation fee back).

I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this is becoming so difficult (I don't feel I'm after anything complex or unusual and it's frustrating that all seem unable and unwilling to resolve this).

Leegam
18-10-2007, 18:26
If there is an active account at your address then they shouldn't have taken your payment. They should have done what is called a 'gone away' process whereby the old account is closed down for the facility to open a new account (one account per address). Please text me on <Edit Rob: deleted> and I will call you to go through in more detail. You're sure your payment was taken?
I am new to this forum but I work for virgin media I hope that is allowed.

Edit Rob: phone number deleted to avoid nuisance calls ;) Contact can be made by PM system on this board by the OP if he wishes, but, we cannot currently verify Leegam is a VM employee.

Idris
18-10-2007, 18:36
A direct debit credited to Virgin Media for £25 is present on my bank statement. It was deducted a few days after I gave the sales rep my details (on the 28th September). The signup was done on paper and the rep took down the number on my visa card along with it's expiry date at the time.

There are two existing accounts at the address as I understand it (VM phone support said the same as you, one account per house which is why I struggled to get anywhere with them). This is due to the deal setup by the rep. As we are three individuals living in the same flat, three contracts have been drawn up (each for a 2MB connection at £10 a month). Two of these contracts are live (so I'm confident the information given about the contract was correct) - so two modems have been installed at seperate times and two bills are coming to the house - however as I signed up a week later I am out of sync with the others (they got their install date when the sales rep came around a week later to sign me up) and have yet to get an install date from anyone at VM.