PDA

View Full Version : Phone on Virgin Media

miguelkzar
14-10-2007, 15:11
Let me see if i can explain this right.
I´ve subscribed TV Broad. and Phone with Virgin last week
the have send me the pack which i´ve installed and everything is fine except the PHONE!
well, it says in the "manual" that i should connect the phone into a phone plug (the only one that i have was a BT one "disconnected") and i got a dial tone, fine for now!
- tried to make a phone call and then it said "this number is not recognised"
- called VM on friday explaining the situation, thay said i needed a change in the socket or a new phone socket,, and they were calling me on saturaday (yesterday) to arrange for a technician to do it. Ok, fine i thought!
- saturday nobody called me so today i decided to call them back again!
big mistake! i´ve been re directed at least for :mad: 6 different departments :mad: until i was in the "faults" department, which they asked me for a virgin phone number: "sorry, but nobody gave me a virgin number!", redirected again to the costumer service in which they gave me the number!
ok fine!
redirected to the faults department! they tested te line if it was ringing (it was but not on the handset, i´ve tried myself with my mobile as well). and they said if it was my fault (NOT) i had to pay 25 bla bla bla, to a tech to come here. i suspect is only a few changes in the cables in the old BT socket and if :confused: I knew how to change them and do the connections :confused: i would not have to wait LONG times to someone to come over and lose one day of work waiting for them!
can anyone help me please?
thanks!
Miguel ;)

MovedGoalPosts
14-10-2007, 15:30
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

So was this a new installation, as in someone came to your house to run all the cables, or was it a reactivation of previously installed cables.

I take it you do now have an appointment for the engineer to come to your house and sort this out?

It's correct that if the fault is not due to Virgin Media, then they do raise a charge for an engineer call out. That would typically apply if it was a phone extension, customer installed, that had stopped working. It also covers VM against it being the actual phone, the customer supplies, being faulty. If the master Virgin Media phone socket has no connection then that's Virign Media who will pick up the tab.

Telephone ping pong around customer services and faults is one of he most frustrating aspects of VM's service.

miguelkzar
14-10-2007, 17:21
rob. thanksfor the welcome :D
well, it was a guy here before in this house who had cable service with "NTL"/Telewest but with no phone! and he was in a different room than mine, so i´ve made all extensions and cable crossing for the tv and the broadband.
and there is no phone plug except my old BT one.
no, i still haven´t the appointment just because it´s going to take several days (and i need to use the fax on MOn/Tue for work) and it´s just probably a question of changing some telephone cables which i think i can do it, i just don´t know which ones i have to connect!
If the master Virgin Media phone socket has no connection i don´t have a phone socket from virgin :(

karlywarly
14-10-2007, 17:30
miguelkzar

You will have to make the appointment with Virgin Media to be able to have the Virgin home phone install as you can't just simply change some cables around in the BT phone socket as this runs on a totally different connection that is not related to Virgin http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/images/icons/icon12.gif

colin-bennett
14-10-2007, 17:49
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

So was this a new installation, as in someone came to your house to run all the cables, or was it a reactivation of previously installed cables.

I take it you do now have an appointment for the engineer to come to your house and sort this out?

It's correct that if the fault is not due to Virgin Media, then they do raise a charge for an engineer call out. That would typically apply if it was a phone extension, customer installed, that had stopped working. It also covers VM against it being the actual phone, the customer supplies, being faulty. If the master Virgin Media phone socket has no connection then that's Virign Media who will pick up the tab.

Telephone ping pong around customer services and faults is one of he most frustrating aspects of VM's service.

This sounds like a quick start / self install . the activation team will book tech with ref to phone