PDA

View Full Version : Pro Evo on Wii

Gareth
14-10-2007, 13:06
The Wii version of Pro Evo looks to have some pretty neat control scheme going on.

IGN have got a preview and a video of the game explaining the control scheme...

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/826/826603p1.html

Indeed, while the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 offer up much the same experience as the PlayStation 2 games of yore, albeit with sharper graphics, the Wii incarnation looks set to push the boundaries of the series.

That's not to say Konami has opted to dumb down Pro Evo by making it more accessible to the Wiimote-waving masses. On the contrary, PES2008 on Wii looks every bit as realistic as its hi-def cousins and, if initial thoughts prove right, it could well offer a greater level of control and freedom in terms of gameplay.

The reason for this is that Konami has cleverly used the Nunchuk and Wiimote to enhanced the gameplay experience rather than bolt on some motion-sensing gimmick. Here, the Nunchuk stick is used to move the player around screen and the B button is used to pass. No big deal you may think, but what's interesting is that the Wiimote appears as a point on the screen, affecting the gameplay in a couple of ways. Firstly, it's an alternative way of moving your player around the screen - drag the cursor around while holding A and your player will follow the on-screen target. Secondly, the cursor is used to accurately pass the ball, so if you want to thread a looping through ball to a winger (rather than the obvious guy standing nearby) simply move the target over the runner's head and press pass.

That's not all. Using the same method, you're free to pass into space and, from the video we've seen), the AI is smart enough to know what you're doing and latch onto the pass, within reason of course.

Video available here (http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/827/827202/vid_2159050.html). :cool:

zing_deleted
14-10-2007, 13:32
sold my Wii last week :)

Gareth
14-10-2007, 18:24
Oh well, guess whoever you sold it to will be able to play Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Monster Hunter 3, etc... instead.

skyblueheroes
14-10-2007, 22:03
sold my Wii last week :)

How come dude ?

BBKing
19-10-2007, 13:50
I can only conclude that it's not for everyone. Having had it 24 hours I can see that might be a problem, but I haven't played a decent game on it yet - there are about three or four I'd like to have a go at, include PES. A decent footie game, a driving game and some kind of souped up platformer for the missus, oh and some fight game she can beat me up on to save doing it for real with a rolling pin :erm:

Naturally, we bought it so our son could get some exercise :P

zing_deleted
19-10-2007, 14:04
How come dude ?

was not using it the only game I enjoyed playing on there was the tennis and that was good exercise now I get all the exercise I need in the gym or the weight bench at home so I do no need it.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

Oh well, guess whoever you sold it to will be able to play Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Monster Hunter 3, etc... instead.

ill be to busy playing Stranglehold, Half life 2 ep 2,Airborne, And next month Crysis Cod 4 and UT3