PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade

bbr81
13-10-2007, 20:02
A few months back (just before the charge for tech support) I had upgraded my broad band to 10mb/20mb..

For a period of 1 month I got max speeds, then it gradually died after this to a point that I was calling so often that I just complained and demanded to be refunded the difference compared to the 4mb account for the months with poor service.

I couldn't take more problems of the poor cust supoort and getting charged to call them.

Now there is on offer for XL broadband again and was wondering should I upgrade hoping they can provide me with good speeds? (20mbs?)

I live in the bradford area. at the time the area was getting upgraded and some support engineers said that could have been a case for my poor speeds - all upgrades are finished now?

any advice is welcome.

Bob

Jules
13-10-2007, 20:50
What is the offer and how long for

ECW_Original
13-10-2007, 21:16
Do yourself a favour mate, save your time & money and stay where you are!
VM's 'UPTO' 20Mb is worse than words can describe!

No way in the world can they supply the full 20Mb speeds even half the time thanks to the f'n stupid STM & them not doing anything immediate about modem cloners!

bbr81
14-10-2007, 13:53
The offer is £34.50, TV-M, Tel and BB XL.

What are STM and modem cloners??

ECW_Original
14-10-2007, 13:56
STM is Subscriber Traffic Management, which means when u go over your set limits, your speed will be halfed (or more realistically, quartered)

Modem cloners (cant go into 2 much detail as discussing cloning is against the rules) are people that take VM's cable modems and modify them so they can be used to gain free internet (this will be the end of this topic)

I hope this has helped!

what?
14-10-2007, 14:22
stm is the traffic management policy
and modem cloners is people cloning the mac n f'n up ur bbi
there loads of threads on here on both of them

ZebUK
14-10-2007, 20:47
Cloning - bit like someone tapping your phone and using it at their house to make free calls.