PDA

View Full Version : Engineer strikes again

Planetgarb
12-10-2007, 17:30
We had an engineer down our road yesterday with his head in the green box either sorting out a problem for someone or doing a new install. nothing to disturbing about that, Untill he buggers off and i try to use my phone.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:NO BLEEPING DIALING TONE:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So i phone cs faults and its going to be 5 days before they can rectify this mess.

Im not a happy bunny

stanno
15-10-2007, 12:24
My VM landline went dead last week and it's going to take 8 days to get an engineer here - whether he'll fix it or not is another question. From experience what do people think I should ask for/expect by way of compensation? I'm self employed and work from home - that's my work number, so I've been totally screwed for a week (not counting the amount I've had to spend on my mobile), not that they'll give a jot about that, I'm sure!

cybernetic_tiger
15-10-2007, 16:10
My VM landline went dead last week and it's going to take 8 days to get an engineer here - whether he'll fix it or not is another question. From experience what do people think I should ask for/expect by way of compensation? I'm self employed and work from home - that's my work number, so I've been totally screwed for a week (not counting the amount I've had to spend on my mobile), not that they'll give a jot about that, I'm sure!

I know it's not much help to you now but you should get a business phone line. It's not as expensive as you would think and provides you a 4hr fault fix with engineers available and free support 24/7.

UncleBooBoo
15-10-2007, 16:16
Or he could go with bt who all divert all calls for free to another number even mobiles!

bw41101
15-10-2007, 17:16
My VM landline went dead last week and it's going to take 8 days to get an engineer here - whether he'll fix it or not is another question. From experience what do people think I should ask for/expect by way of compensation?

The phrase "not fit for purpose" springs to mind. You should (at the very least) be entitled to a refund for every day that you are not recieving the service.

Si thee

papa smurf
15-10-2007, 17:56
we are having a purg on cleaning up cab wireing at the moment and there are unfortunatly some casualties,[purly accidental] so this may explain your problem

Rapid Dr3am
17-10-2007, 13:27
Or he could go with bt who all divert all calls for free to another number even mobiles!

do they really do this? anyone had experience?

Knobbly
17-10-2007, 13:39
do they really do this? anyone had experience?

BT certainly do, I had an issue with an extra phone line that was installed and they diverted all calls to that number to my mobile while it was fixed and didn't charge me for any of the diverted calls.

UncleBooBoo
17-10-2007, 15:40
I had it done when my BT line developed a fault, had to wait nearly a week for an engineer visit but at least all incomming calls are diverted to a number of your choice for free untill your line is fixed!

VM would never ever do that!

stanno
17-10-2007, 19:13

Well, the engineer came this afternoon (great bloke BTW who has worked for Telewest/Virgin for 12 years). The problem? - an installations engineer had probably pulled a wire from my terminal in the street box! (he didn't have a very high opinion of some of his co-workers!).

I've often noticed that the doors of the street box are flapping open and thought this was vandalism - not according the the engineer. Apparently installations workers aren't always issued with the keys to the boxes, so they routinely break the locks open!

Called VM CS about compensation - on the phone for almost an hour and got £6 credit (for 9 days without a landline). It cost me £5 to phone VM from my mobile last week to report the fault, so I'm not happy.

The engineer also complained about the general under-investment by Virgin in the service. Normally I'd say it was a disgruntled employee moaning but from what I've read on this forum and elsewhere I'd say he was spot on!