PDA

View Full Version : TV with BB L (or maybe XL)

mb2
12-10-2007, 13:56
hi, we're a group of students looking to get NTL (why do they pay to use the name 'virgin media', its crap) internet.
if a low TV package is cheap then we may also get that.

but from what i can gather there is no TV package that we could have for less than £10/mo above the cost of the BB. (we aren't really interested in a phone line). is this correct? [would be quite happy with all the 'free' channels (e4, F4, m4, bbc3, etc) only].

..this would be with either BB 'L' or possibly 'XL' if it had better TV bundling(?).

i guess there is no way to get the 'free' channels only with no monthly sub. like you can with freesat or freeview? or can u just buy a cablebox and plug it in to the same cable as the internet?

colin-bennett
12-10-2007, 23:30
hi, we're a group of students looking to get NTL (why do they pay to use the name 'virgin media', its crap) internet.
if a low TV package is cheap then we may also get that.

but from what i can gather there is no TV package that we could have for less than £10/mo above the cost of the BB. (we aren't really interested in a phone line). is this correct? [would be quite happy with all the 'free' channels (e4, F4, m4, bbc3, etc) only].

..this would be with either BB 'L' or possibly 'XL' if it had better TV bundling(?).

i guess there is no way to get the 'free' channels only with no monthly sub. like you can with freesat or freeview? or can u just buy a cablebox and plug it in to the same cable as the internet?

guess your best option is to go for virgin BBI and find some other company that will give you free tv. Best of luck with that

dragon
13-10-2007, 00:26
guess your best option is to go for virgin BBI and find some other company that will give you free tv. Best of luck with that

My parents get VM tv for free although they do have the phone as well as the broadband. They used to subscribe to a tv package but it broke one day and they told me dad 2 weeks to fix it so he told em he didn't want it anymore but it worked out to be less hastle to just downgrade him to the free tv package even though they then had to come out and still replace the STB anyway :rolleyes:

Its only basicaly the channels off free view plus maybe a couple of others (they still get the vod though :) )

Surely if VM offer TV free to their phone customers could they perhaps not be persuaded to let a broadband customer have the basic FTA channels off their service as well?