PDA

View Full Version : SSP advice please

Central
12-10-2007, 03:13
I get paid fortnightly and work a week in advance.

On the first Tuesday of the fortnight I had to go in for a meeting which lasted just under 3 hours. On the Wednesday I was signed off work with Anxiety and Depression due to personal issues. The Doctor gave me a Doctors not not a self cert a proper one which I took into work. I had filled out the back to.

I took it into work 10 minutes after the Doctor had written it. The following Tuesday I rang up work saying I felt ok to come back Wednesday. He said ok. I had originally booked the Saturday ad Sunday off as I had plans with the family so I was not put down on the rota for this. I asked If i could come in on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and got told no. My manager said he would start me back on Monday which would the new payment cycle for the fortnight.

I got paid today and I have only been paid for the meeting which I attended. I got paid £15.52p for a fortnight. I am confused now and dont know what to do. This has upset me now as I got Nursery to pay for and bills.

Am I entitled to ssp or not?

What do I do?

Chris W
12-10-2007, 03:31
You do not get any Statutory Sick Pay for your first 5 working days off. After that you would be entitled- i believe the rate is around £70 a week but not 100% sure how much it is now.

---------- Post added at 02:31 ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 ----------

sorry would appear i'm slightly wrong- good detailed information here which should help you work out if you are entitled or not:

http://www.yourpeoplemanager.com/YWgWE2JoTX_-WA.html

swoop101
12-10-2007, 07:16
You get nothing for the first 3 days, the rate is £72.55 for a full week.
you should have got at least 2 days ssp for mon and tue of the second week.
you should have been paid for the meeting and you need to check if they can legaly prevent you from returning to work on the wednesday.
Right the dwp(social) to get advice on the refusal to allow your return.

Central
12-10-2007, 12:21
I found out why I did not get any sick pay.

I rang up payroll this morning and asked them about it and got told that my sick note had not been received. They said it may be among the backlog of mail still due to the strike.

I thought fair do's and understandable. I then rang work to speak to a colleague as he was also off sick the same time as me to tell him the situation as he to had not been paid his sick pay.

This is where the fault lays. Our sicknote had not been sent off still. We both gave ours to the manager the same day we got it. He has had my sick note for 3 weeks and not sent it off.

Would this be grounds for complaint?

LSainsbury
12-10-2007, 23:02
Perhaps a quiet word with him and explain the situation...

papa smurf
12-10-2007, 23:24
since your off work visit the job center , you might get lucky and find a desent employer