PDA

View Full Version : I Got Free Broadband!!!!!!!

UncleBooBoo
11-10-2007, 12:59
OK so I cancelled my services on the 5th Oct 2007 and my services were supposed to be disconnected on the 9th Oct 2007. My phone was turned off but my TV and BB worked???

Guy called to collect STB in the morning on the 9th Oct 2007 and I got a receipt as planned. Was told to throw modem in bin!

Now since 9th Oct 2007 my BB has still been working and I have internet access, I have called CS every day since trying to sort it out because I don't want to throw it in the bin if it still works/active in case someone takes it out and uses it!

I have talked to CS as well as retentions all say my account is closed and that my services have been disconnected. So why is my modem still working?

Anyone got any advice apart from be quiet and enjoy?

Roy MM
11-10-2007, 13:15
There lose i suppose, but don't be suprised if you get billed sometime in the future for it, right hand left hand scenario springs to mind :D

UncleBooBoo
11-10-2007, 13:16
I don't intend on using it though, so how can they bill me for it?

fatassmichael
11-10-2007, 13:16
It would seem that you have not been d/c'ed from the cab, ask VM to send out a letter stating that your a/c is fully closed and nothing owing, then i suppose it comes down to your morals whether you use the service or not ;)

UncleBooBoo
11-10-2007, 13:22
I was not disconnected at the cab because the guy who called to collect equipment said they do not do that anymore as VM no longer pay them to do it!

And his words were "if we don't get paid to do something then we don't do it!"

I have no intention of using it, otherwise I would not have been calling them every day so far trying to get it resolved but what happens if my Mac is cloned and someone else uses the connection however unlikely that is I no doubt get the headache later down the road of trying to sort this whole mess out! (Again)

The Installer
11-10-2007, 15:49
Use it and stop worrying about it and don't bother calling CS as they won't care at the end of the day. If your account is now closed then whats your problem ? :erm:

xpod
11-10-2007, 16:12
Our stb broadband stayed on too last year,not after leaving but after we upgraded to the 4Mb connection and started using a modem.
It was NTL who called us to tell us about it still being on about 2 ot 3 weeks after upgrading although we were eventually told that we could keep...and use the connection as a kinda good will gesture for other problems at the time.

I somehow suspect it would have stayed on regardless but we`ve never been charged for it either way.It`s only 1Mb.
It`s been handy if the 20Mb`s been s**t(or down) as my lad will hop on the stb if the 20Mb`s bad.....which it has been this last week or so again.:rolleyes:

It`s also handy for messing about between the 2 separate ip addresses of course....
knock knock...who`s there...you...you who:D

Akia
11-10-2007, 16:39
Its a problem with the current system in certain areas, Because its billed on one system and provisioned on another. And these two systems don't talk to each other. Which means you have to turn it off on both. otherwise there will be no billing but a activce connection or vice a versa. Some staff forget to do this or worst don't even know that they should be doing this. Resulting in loads of people getting free bbi. They do run reports and turn off the connections but obviously can't keep on top of it.

This problem is just an example of how poor the billing systems NTL had were at doing there job. Once everythings moved over to ICOMS this should be a thing of the past.

ECW_Original
11-10-2007, 17:27
Use it and stop worrying about it and don't bother calling CS as they won't care at the end of the day. If your account is now closed then whats your problem ? :erm:

Too right, totally agree!

If they say your end that it is all canceled and disconnected, cain the hell outta it, after all, if VM cant be bothered/dont properly disconnect you, then as usual, its THEIR fault!

I only wish I was in the same position!