PDA

View Full Version : Planet Rock

caveman
09-10-2007, 20:45
Why when I listen to PLanet Rock on PC using VM 20Meg BB does the player cut off and reload every 15 minutes. Is there a way that I can install the PR player as software and not use the PR site player?

Mick Fisher
09-10-2007, 22:48
Why when I listen to PLanet Rock on PC using VM 20Meg BB does the player cut off and reload every 15 minutes.
It sounds like your conn is not fast enough to satisfy the players requirements so it stops to refill it's buffer. :( Try using tracert to identify the bottleneck in case their is a router thats dropping packets along the way. Anychance of getting a reverse tracert, the outward and inward are not necessarily along the same route so a reverse tracert helps to give a fuller understanding of what is going on.
Is there a way that I can install the PR player as software and not use the PR site player?
No idea, sorry...

caveman
09-10-2007, 22:59
I've now found a site with an abbreviated player for the station

http://rope.icgo.fimc.net/staticweb/onair_players/onair_planetrock/player/player.htm

it stays connected as you may be right - my 20 meg drops to 2 during the evening.

Zanny
10-10-2007, 12:39
http://mediaweb.musicradio.com/V1/Playlist.asx?streamid=23

use this link and it should play in media player or winamp.

I have it playing in winamp right now.

caveman
10-10-2007, 17:42
Thanks Zanny. What a station eh? That's got the PC side sorted. Lounge using Ch. 924 through HT amp and 5 speakers.
If only I could play it in the car without all the pontsing about with Revos etc. or buying new radio.

Zanny
10-10-2007, 18:35
Well i tuned in and they were playing Yes, and me a huge Yes fan, so yes, good station :)

Uncle Peter
10-10-2007, 21:49
Planet Rock is the dog's conkers.. with the exception of Fish being allowed to play his solo material ;)

markmarkymark
10-10-2007, 22:55
Also love Planet Rock - my new car has DAB and it is fab !!

Druchii
11-10-2007, 08:15
Nice station, currently streaming in Winamp, cheers Zanny.

Uncle Peter
11-10-2007, 13:23
Also love Planet Rock - my new car has DAB and it is fab !!

Lucky! I can only listen to it at home through the STB. Must get a DAB radio when I change my car as the local FM stations around here are dire with the exception of XFM.

Druchii
11-10-2007, 13:47
Been listening to it for 82mins straight now, and i must say it is pretty good :)

JohnS
11-10-2007, 13:49
Planet Rock is the only station worth listening to, tallking of rock i went to see Rush at Wembley Arena on tuesday wow what a gig they did a 3 hour set.
:)

Zanny
11-10-2007, 21:43
ok i im officially the most jealous a person will be of you ever. I love Rush, the fun of having 3 children means no gigs right now, cant afford it what with paying for 20meg BB as well :) Did they play any of the 2112 album or maybe roll the bones or maybe any of the Feedback covers?

And while im at it i like Marillion too although i prefer Fish Marillion. Saw Fish live in his first tour after splitting from Marillion at the Aston Villa Leisure Centre. 6 guitar acoustic sugar mice, great gig.

Anyway that wasnt internet related but i wanted to share with you all :)

btw JohnS if you like Yes as well then you can officially be my new friend :)