PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Medic troubles

dpeace1
09-10-2007, 20:30
Broadband Medic has started misbehaving. It appears to load on startup, but no longer leaves an icon in the system tray. If I run it from the desktop icon it halts with a run-time error message. If I run debug the problem appears to be:

Microsoft JScript runtime error:Object does't support this property or method:

var rootFolder = MotivePClient.GetVendorValue("FrontDoor/bbpagesFolder

I tried to download a new copy of BB Medic but the installer recognised the existence of the present copy and refused to continue with the installation. I tried to uninstall BB Medic but found that the program does not appear in the list of programs in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. When I tried to run uninstall.exe from the ntl/broadband medic folder, a window appeared saying that uninstall should be run from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

Any thoughts on how to proceed. I find BB Medic helpful (when it is running properly) for checking my internet connection and would like to get it working again. Failing that, I should like to uninstall it. At the moment I appear to be stuck with a non-/poorly working version which I cannot or mend, replace, or delete.